Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectif you have $500/month to invest...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12781862&mesg_id=12782405
12782405, if you have $500/month to invest...
Posted by final_prospect82, Wed Apr-15-15 08:10 PM
put that towards a short term investment ( along the line of tbills) at the end of the year take the 6k plus and get in the market...

of course this assumes you have invested in the market before and have a few kinks under your belt.

if you're on the high end and have 2k to invest do the same and go short term...at the end take the 24k plus combined with a loan and purchase a rental property.

my investment streams are varied...but I initially began via real estate (half my family owns various properties across the states). I just purchased a plot of land in and up and coming area within my city from two siblings that received the property from their mother. long story short they've been bickering over the property for awhile, I was provided the solution in selling to me.

I'm tearing down the house currently there. The lot is big enough to for 3 doubles. I'll net aprox 6k monthly after accounting for tax obligations, insurance, mischellaneous upkeep.

I advise all of my non financial acute people I speak with to start with real estate because it trains your mind on how to analyze investments and see what's under-valued.

Coming from 401k's, IRA's, mutual funds and Jumping directly into the stock market on your own , using your own strategy and doing your own analysis has a steep learning curve and can be very volatile