Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMYFIVE.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12779273&mesg_id=12779298
12779298, MYFIVE.
Posted by SHAstayhighalways, Mon Apr-13-15 10:31 AM
>--------------
>
> Current Rappers need to do whole songs of shout outs like I
>grew up with in the late 80's and 90's.
>
>Remember how Kane used to close out albums with a whole song
>which was essentially him damn near reading credits? I need
>that in my life.
>
>Hell I'd settle for a Kanye "Last Call" right now. I am in
>full hip hop nostalgia mode right now.
>

ha. i forgot about shit like that.

congolese artists do this on every song. it's called mabanga (which literally means stones) but basically people pay money to have artists mention their names in songs. if you have big bucks you can have an artist sing a whole song about you.
some people say its destroying the music bc whole verses will just be filled with dudes singing and saying people's names but on the other hand without it most times albums wouldn't
get made. record labels don't work the same out there so they kind of depend on it to pay for studio, producers, musicians, etc.

anyway

MYFIVE.

ONE.
feeling weird. we've decided to reconcile but we still don't really see each other and still don't live together so its just a weird odd feeling. i will be happy once we've figured this shit out. right now i feel like i'm in limbo and i don't like it. still haven't told my family what's going on. i feel like i'm sneaking around dating my own husband #weird

TWO.
we're gonna be opening up for smif n wessun in philly on may 22nd. will definitely be making a separate post about it as we get closer to the time. here's a link to the flier tho:
http://lyricallyfit.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Smif-n-Wessun-Flier-for-Duckdown-Mic-Handz-version.jpg

THREE.
my son is going to be 3 next month. and i'm gonna be 33. time be flying breh. i feel like he was just born and i was just a lil kid right before that.

FOUR.
i'm hungry. i feel like i'm always hungry. if i wasn't on my monthlies i'd think i was pregnant.

FIVE.
i need new clothes.