Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSee...this is COMPLETELY a matter of perception
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12773371&mesg_id=12774602
12774602, See...this is COMPLETELY a matter of perception
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Tue Apr-07-15 05:48 PM
I was honestly lost on to what y'all were saying at first.

>are reacting negatively
>
>when smaller women are presented, apart from the outrageous
>TOKPR responses that are outliers ("she ain't that cute". "ive
>seen cuter girls at the piggly wiggly"), y'all are like
>
>'FAT GIRLS DONT LOOK LIKE THAT'
>
>'THIS IS A GENETIC BLESSING. NO REAL FAT GIRLS HAVE SMALL
>STOMACHS'
>
>'WHY NOT GET THE REAL GREASY GUTBUCKET CHICKS WHO BUY THEIR
>SHIT IN THE ADS'

I think the point I personally made was "these aren't what I would consider to be big/fat girls"...and that's literally it.

My first response was about a girl I dated who had this type size, and I was agreeing that it isn't a common size to find. Wasn't saying anything negative or even positive, but just noting that.

>lol. like skinny girls can get the pretty fashion models and
>it's ok/typical but the fat girls can only get the most
>realistic depiction of themselves because they are fat and
>deserve no better. if that's not what you mean, that's
>certainly what it comes off as because if it was another type
>of ad that featured "normal sized" girls, i really doubt guys
>would be calling for the average chicks to be featured because
>the models are an unattainable dream. you'd be too busy
>focused on the models.

BUT...here's the thing. We do see a LARGE VARIETY of "skinny" chicks. We get the boniest...to the slim, slightly toned, slightly curvy...to the very skinny yet curvy....to the normal, not really "skinny"...etc etc etc. So I actually see this from a whole different angle, which is "they are only presenting one type of 'big'...whether it's common or not." And I mention that it was smart to do, because these "big" chicks still have great appeal...yet, it is unfair to never show the range that big girls can have.

Like...when Monique had the big girls do Beyonce, I thought it was dope, and hilarious. No offense taken, no "ugh they're fat" at all. Yet, I can see some guys and even women saying "ugh, all these fat ass girls dancing, they need to stop." Now THAT is completely out of pocket, disrespectful. But this case here, maybe I was misunderstood on it, but was surely not seeing it the same way.