Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectyeah im not taking one for the team here
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12773371&mesg_id=12774570
12774570, yeah im not taking one for the team here
Posted by cgonz00cc, Tue Apr-07-15 05:18 PM
Mostly because i have no team. I have *my* thoughts on the way LB is doing business and thats about it.

if you feel someone is expressing disdain for large women, by all means, let it be known. But there is no way you could actually think thats what *I'm* doing.

>but y'all are really coming out of the woodwork to discredit
>the possibility that there are actually some larger sized
>pretty women

Dont yall me with that nonsense. Ive said nothing even remotely close to that. What I have said is that LB is using bodytypes just as fantastical as the company they are taking direct shots at. No more, no less.

>and that this isnt only misleading, but the
>poor fat girls being duped into buying bras by a company
>trying to present an ad that might make them feel good about
>their bodies! sacre bleu!

Again, who are you lumping me in with? If a fat girl sees the ads and wants to go buy a bra, more power to her. Im not talking about people, im talking about corporate marketing.

>you see this shit in 'normal' sized clothing ads and in beauty
>ads that feature 'normal' sized models come on now.
>the point is, y'all are being extra. i'd even wish the post
>just remained to BGs original point where y'all just posted up
>some plus sized models and ogled. still backhanded complimenty
>as hell but at least somewhat appreciative. lol.

i think extra is the amount of times you replied to me with you and yall despite the fact that almost nothing you typed actually applies to me. what i actually think is that all those women are hot period, with no qualifiers. I just tried to avoid giving any sort of personal judgment on them to avoid what just happened here.

My thoughts on lane bryants business practices have nothing to do with the way i feel about bigger girls, which for the record, is quite appreciative.