Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSo, you came up with this on your own?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12772316&mesg_id=12773436
12773436, So, you came up with this on your own?
Posted by Case_One, Mon Apr-06-15 07:26 PM
No context. No research. No study. Just your own thoughts about a religion that you may not fully understand yet.

So, with that logic all things end and begin for you with based on if Jesus said to do or not to do - including the Apostles.

I'm not knocking you, I've been there and that's why I asked the question. So, do you believe that you have a real grasp of Christianity, its doctrines, history, evolution into being?

While you think about that. I'll shed some light.

Christians celebrate Easter in the same contextual manner as a significant event in our faith and religious beliefs, much like all humans do when it comes to remembering key events.

Just because Jesus didn't say to do it, I could argue that he never said not to do it either, but that wouldn't get us anywhere. Easter is a High Holy day for Christians to reflect and remember the price that was paid for humanity to be redeemed. I explained that in the OP.

"And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful." ~ 2 Tim 2:4