Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti'm trying to not be mad, i'm more sad.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12771176&mesg_id=12771231
12771231, i'm trying to not be mad, i'm more sad.
Posted by KiloMcG, Fri Apr-03-15 08:12 AM
like i said, it feels like we lost a homie.

i'm happy for the man and grateful for what he's done at VCU. he took this program to a new level. we gotta get someone in who can continue that trajectory. i feel a little lost this morning as so much of our identity as a program and fan base was wrapped up in Shaka and the Havoc system.

i mean, does Havoc no longer live here? is it still Havoc you fear? what we gonna chant now at the Siegel Center?

so many questions.

and i think there's lots of reasons why this was the job for him. one being that as basketball coach at Texas there's a little less pressure than at a school that only has basketball to focus on, or focus more on, like UCLA and NC State. doubling his salary is certainly enticing. and Austin is probably a kickass town to live in. the facilities and recruiting base in Texas are great. so, lots of reasons.

it's a sad day in Ramnation. but we gotta continue to support with as much excitement and enthusiasm as we always have, or at least as we have these past 5-6 years.