Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIs it actually wrong to have certain dating preferences?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12770791&mesg_id=12770791
12770791, Is it actually wrong to have certain dating preferences?
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Thu Apr-02-15 02:25 PM
"I like what I like" seems to be a common phrase from a lot of folks when describing their preferences, or even standards.

Do you think it's actually a problem that some folks tend to prefer one thing over another? To be specific...it's usually about preferring to date a specific/different ethnicity. Or...to only want to date people who make a certain amount of money. Or, people who only date light skinned people.

I do feel like it's ignorant as hell when someone who is like Orlando Magic away jersey Black says "I only date red bones." Or...when somebody who's 385 pounds and 5'6 says "my girl/man has to be 6 feet tall and under 200...because both can't be fat!" Or...someone with no job at all only dates people who make 200K. Of course, none of it concerns me directly, but it's still comical.

I have even had people tell me that I am wrong because I only date Black women, and because I only go for short(er) girls who are never more than "thick" (that's relative, of course). The usual thought is, "you like what you like, but you may miss out on something great because of your preferences"...that's what's been said to me, and to others on what they go for.