Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNot at all actually.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12769066&mesg_id=12771183
12771183, Not at all actually.
Posted by Brew, Thu Apr-02-15 10:44 PM
>I actually felt bad for Chuck at first because I thought Jimmy
>was to blame for his problems. Turns out Chuck can't stand to
>see Jimmy on the same level as him.

I am mostly in agreement but someone above brought up a good point that he just doesn't want to bring him into the house he built to potentially revert back to old habits. I think it's a mix of the two.

>Do you have a brother or sister? How did/do they react to your
>success? Are they supportive? Can you and your sibling work
>together side by side to accomplish things?

I have a brother, 6 years my senior. He's lazy/unmotivated and a leech, at least off our father. I've never given him much of anything as far as financial assistance because he's smart and very capable, but extremely lazy. He loves role playing games and spends all his time and what little money he has on that bullshit. Then for holidays he gets nothing for anyone, claims bankruptcy and asks my pops for tires or some shit like that. Just a useless human.

He reacts to my successes with jealousy and sarcasm, for the most part.

We have very little in common but despite that, and my frustrations with his not even trying to reach his potential, we actually get along just fine when we are together. But, to paraphrase another response in this post, we correspond and communicate more like cousins than brothers. Which is fine.

I'm adopted so maybe that has something to do with it. Haha.

But yea anyway - The Chuck/Jimmy thing didn't make me think of him at all; there's not a whole lot that reminds me of our dynamic because we barely have one.