Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDid Better Call Saul make you think about about your brother/sister?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12769066
12769066, Did Better Call Saul make you think about about your brother/sister?
Posted by Starks dunked on Bulls, Wed Apr-01-15 11:46 AM
***SPOILERS***

I actually felt bad for Chuck at first because I thought Jimmy was to blame for his problems. Turns out Chuck can't stand to see Jimmy on the same level as him.

Do you have a brother or sister? How did/do they react to your success? Are they supportive? Can you and your sibling work together side by side to accomplish things?

12770462, How come no one is sharing?
Posted by Starks dunked on Bulls, Thu Apr-02-15 11:58 AM
I'm surprised this flopped.

12770934, Because he is a bum
Posted by TR808, Thu Apr-02-15 03:40 PM
he barely made it out of school he is 8 years younger than me but he acts like a baby.

he wont move out of my moms house and i dont even think he has a checking acount.

I love him but i dont like him.

12770474, we're 6.5 years apart and rarely see each other.
Posted by Nodima, Thu Apr-02-15 12:04 PM
we were never close, I think the last time we hung out regularly I was 13 and she was 7. I don't even know if her birthday is March 11 or 13. Or is it 10...

so no, I didn't think about her when I watched that episode. our conversations are the kind of conversations you'd have with a second cousin or something I imagine, I barely know what her interests are, there's just not enough juice between us for pride OR jealousy.

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz
12770519, We're all supportive of each other...
Posted by gumz, Thu Apr-02-15 12:25 PM
don't know if i could see us running a business together though.

I interpreted Chuck's reaction differently though. He's been burned so many times by Jimmy that he doesn't want to get burned again. He thinks he'll go back to his old ways and if he gets him a job in his firm (the house he built) it would fuck him over on multiple levels. he simply doesn't trust Jimmy to stay on the right path.
12770636, Hmmm . . .
Posted by Starks dunked on Bulls, Thu Apr-02-15 01:05 PM
>I interpreted Chuck's reaction differently though. He's been
>burned so many times by Jimmy that he doesn't want to get
>burned again. He thinks he'll go back to his old ways and if
>he gets him a job in his firm (the house he built) it would
>fuck him over on multiple levels. he simply doesn't trust
>Jimmy to stay on the right path.

You know what I rush to judgement, you could be right. I misjudged Howard so maybe I should slow down.

I think Chuck's allergy will start to clear up now that the truth (that he's been holding in) has come out.

12770616, we're sorta estranged
Posted by Calico, Thu Apr-02-15 12:59 PM
we speak maybe once a year ....she's cool, we just don't have alot in common
12770886, we're all 5 years apart and I don't have brothers.
Posted by spades, Thu Apr-02-15 03:14 PM
something about the cross sex dynamic deads a lot of resentment/jealousy.
12770894, when i was a kid, my little brother was so jealous of my drawing talent
Posted by NikaMandela, Thu Apr-02-15 03:19 PM
he used to vandalize my drawings.

but he also used to take my drawings to school and brag on me.
12771107, Thats hilarious!
Posted by Starks dunked on Bulls, Thu Apr-02-15 07:25 PM
>he used to vandalize my drawings.
>
>but he also used to take my drawings to school and brag on
>me.

But what do you mean when you said he used to "brag on me"? Isn't that a good thing?
12771183, Not at all actually.
Posted by Brew, Thu Apr-02-15 10:44 PM
>I actually felt bad for Chuck at first because I thought Jimmy
>was to blame for his problems. Turns out Chuck can't stand to
>see Jimmy on the same level as him.

I am mostly in agreement but someone above brought up a good point that he just doesn't want to bring him into the house he built to potentially revert back to old habits. I think it's a mix of the two.

>Do you have a brother or sister? How did/do they react to your
>success? Are they supportive? Can you and your sibling work
>together side by side to accomplish things?

I have a brother, 6 years my senior. He's lazy/unmotivated and a leech, at least off our father. I've never given him much of anything as far as financial assistance because he's smart and very capable, but extremely lazy. He loves role playing games and spends all his time and what little money he has on that bullshit. Then for holidays he gets nothing for anyone, claims bankruptcy and asks my pops for tires or some shit like that. Just a useless human.

He reacts to my successes with jealousy and sarcasm, for the most part.

We have very little in common but despite that, and my frustrations with his not even trying to reach his potential, we actually get along just fine when we are together. But, to paraphrase another response in this post, we correspond and communicate more like cousins than brothers. Which is fine.

I'm adopted so maybe that has something to do with it. Haha.

But yea anyway - The Chuck/Jimmy thing didn't make me think of him at all; there's not a whole lot that reminds me of our dynamic because we barely have one.