Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Thanks. Please correct me if I a wrong..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12768313&mesg_id=12768942
12768942, RE: Thanks. Please correct me if I a wrong..
Posted by kaytomah, Wed Apr-01-15 09:52 AM
Get a Very Good Home Inspector; it is a must. Their inspection will help you on many levels:

1. Negotiating actual cost minus work you have to do-bargain chip, what to expect...

2. Check out the neighborhood, talk to folks.

3. Cruise at different time of the day to ascertain more facts about your would be community. Streets are excellent in the winter months but Spring & summer bring another element of reality

4. Visit the police station ask for crime report or Google it-there's a national database for free.

5. If you are in the Atlantic cost, insulation. Next Step Living is one of those companies. Usually, the cost is 90% off-Yes!!! If you are paying utilities you are already paying into this fund.

5. Get an excellent lawyer, yes it might be a few hundred bucks but I strongly recommend it. Just like the home inspector this is a must!!!

6. Make sure utilities are covered in closing.

8. If you consider doing renovation, be explicit in your contract, ask for their insurance, license, make sure they get a permit(the city or town can declare your work illegal if a permit is not pull), set bench marks, pay or deduct if terms are not met

9. Most cities have primary residential clause so declare thru city to get break on your taxes.

10. Tenants, get yourself familiar with your state/city laws.

Good luck!

Everyone is crying out for peace, yes
None is crying out for justice
Everyone is crying out for peace, yes
None is crying out for justice

-P. Tosh