Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI don't think I am.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12766338&mesg_id=12767595
12767595, I don't think I am.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Mar-31-15 08:29 AM

>u were the one mentioning that blacks benefit from GW like
>that means anything...

It was intended to counter the suggestion that GW is exclusively a white phenomenon. It ain't. It also ain't somn all white ppl can access. Both ideas were bandied about earlier.

What I think is really going here is simple venting and pouting about the reality that no matter how hard we work and stack paper there will always be someone who has more __ bc they come from money and we don't. That makes some of us feel down sometimes. When we feel down we may act out - we may say rude, tacky things. I understand that. I've done that. This discussion in this post is about kindred spirits giving each other support - bc we all know how it feels to navigate in a world where some ppl have more money - our peers even. Especially if we are attracted to material things and stacking paper and keeping our eye on our status versus that of others this reality can wreak some havoc on our psyche.

I personally dealt with this when I was much younger. To the point where I have little patience for it now within myself. I love a good pity party but I won't host one bc my coworker has a nicer living space though we make the same money. I have been there and done that. I think some here are still working through it.

>the simple fact is...stop being a pussy and if my harmless if
>albeit awkward comment makes you confront your privilege...do
>better yo

Lol. They don't give a shit, most likely.

>u don't have to...but be proud of your privilege and
>acknowledge with some sort of fucking fortitude

Ok. Lol

>sing Big Sean "Blessed" if you want...then we can both have a
>hearty awkward laugh...

Uh huh.

>i mean, we should also avoid awkward comments like that i
>guess but c'mon...it's really not a big deal to ask folks to
>not be such a pussy sometimes

Sure.