Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Oh, absolutely. But when a subgroup of employees of the same job title
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12763775&mesg_id=12764525
12764525, RE: Oh, absolutely. But when a subgroup of employees of the same job title
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Thu Mar-26-15 08:40 PM
>and qualifications are recurringly tasked, compensated or
>promoted in a drastically different fashion than the rest of
>the group at large what do you call that?

Being real, it's been my experience that women were promoted faster than the men, hence the project I was on that had a completely female chain of command as well as others where women were promoted rather quickly to technical leads or, in a handful of cases, project management.

>
>How would female employees in such an environment show and
>prove when work they are supposed to be doing gets diverted
>from them, they are overlooked/denied new tasks or they
>instead get asked to do things that are not even part of their
>job? Is it common practice for male programmer analysts to be
>responsible for notetaking conference calls and proofreading?
>What would you think of a company in which any females on a
>project are designated as default admin regardless of whether
>that couldn't be further from the role she is supposed to be
>serving?

Again, even in IT roles, I've never seen this. If she has the qualifications, she's doing the work. Your scenario, however, sounds more development than server side/security IT. I could see shit like that happening with developers but not really on my side of the house and damned sure not when it comes to engineering disciplines (EE, SE, ME, etc...)

---------------------------

forcing myself to actually respond to you is like bathing in ebola virus. - Binlahab

Like there is stupid, and then there is you, and then there is dead. - VAsBestBBW

R.I.P. Disco D