Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectOh, absolutely. But when a subgroup of employees of the same job title
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12763775&mesg_id=12764493
12764493, Oh, absolutely. But when a subgroup of employees of the same job title
Posted by kfine, Thu Mar-26-15 06:48 PM
and qualifications are recurringly tasked, compensated or promoted in a drastically different fashion than the rest of the group at large what do you call that?

How would female employees in such an environment show and prove when work they are supposed to be doing gets diverted from them, they are overlooked/denied new tasks or they instead get asked to do things that are not even part of their job? Is it common practice for male programmer analysts to be responsible for notetaking conference calls and proofreading? What would you think of a company in which any females on a project are designated as default admin regardless of whether that couldn't be further from the role she is supposed to be serving?

I get what you're saying though and, like I said, I realize there are always nuances with regards to industry, company and different personalities. My examples are on the extreme end of things as well. But I've just happened to work in a couple of environments that were really bad for this. There's just really no reason to excuse that kind of stuff in the workplace, imo. We already have to toe the line until we can escape to a more equitable work environment. No way I'm going to hold my tongue speaking on the issue outside of the workplace lol

I will say that within those companies, IT staff were actually the most chill. It was usually the technical leads like say, economists or finance who we were supposed to be programming for that were huge dicks.