Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThat's dope. I mean I don't want to be completely myopic lol.. I realize there's
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12763775&mesg_id=12764145
12764145, That's dope. I mean I don't want to be completely myopic lol.. I realize there's
Posted by kfine, Thu Mar-26-15 02:42 PM
all sorts of nuances involved at the industry, company or even personal level (as in your example).

But by and large it does seem to be a commonly reported experience by women in male-dominated work environments.

The leadership structure is an interesting caveat too

>chain of command (Task lead, team lead, project manager,
>program director all women)

A former employer which I would rank the worst in terms of inequitable treatment/compensation of female employees had a number of women in leadership positions. I actually saw this as a good thing, initially, for the mentor/sponsor possibilities.

But I found that even female leadership can accommodate a discriminatory company culture if it means protecting/advancing their own professional interests. The chain-of-command got progressively male-dominated as one looked up the ranks... it was interesting to watch the degree of skepticism within leadership as well.