Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI know she's the first lady but (link)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12763427&mesg_id=12763427
12763427, I know she's the first lady but (link)
Posted by Nick Has a Problem...Seriously, Thu Mar-26-15 08:34 AM
She's thicker than a bowl of cheese grits

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/26/opinions/michelle-obama-kids-health/index.html

It has been five years since I started Let's Move!, an initiative to address childhood obesity and help all our kids grow up healthy. And as we mark this fifth anniversary, we're celebrating how far we've come, we're challenging ourselves to do even more, and we're committing to be true champions for this issue in the years ahead. That's our theme for this anniversary year: Celebrate, challenge, champion.

We certainly have plenty to celebrate. Over the past five years, we have seen a real cultural shift across our country. Food and beverage companies are racing to cut sugar, salt, and fat from their products. Cities, towns, and counties are supporting healthy after-school programs and youth sports leagues. Faith leaders are educating their congregations about healthy eating and physical activity. Restaurants are offering healthier versions of their dishes, and fast food places are even including apple slices and low-fat milk in their kids' meals.

It has been five years since I started Let's Move!, an initiative to address childhood obesity and help all our kids grow up healthy. And as we mark this fifth anniversary, we're celebrating how far we've come, we're challenging ourselves to do even more, and we're committing to be true champions for this issue in the years ahead. That's our theme for this anniversary year: Celebrate, challenge, champion.

We certainly have plenty to celebrate. Over the past five years, we have seen a real cultural shift across our country. Food and beverage companies are racing to cut sugar, salt, and fat from their products. Cities, towns, and counties are supporting healthy after-school programs and youth sports leagues. Faith leaders are educating their congregations about healthy eating and physical activity. Restaurants are offering healthier versions of their dishes, and fast food places are even including apple slices and low-fat milk in their kids' meals.