Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthe one where men lay on each other for support?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12762947&mesg_id=12764372
12764372, the one where men lay on each other for support?
Posted by SoWhat, Thu Mar-26-15 04:27 PM
the one where soldiers give each other back rubs?

b/c the platonic touch the author says men have lost doesn't include the handshakes and pounds and dap and hugs we see among close friends and family. he's saying there's more platonic touch available and possibly even needed that men are missing. he says men miss it b/c among adult men most reserve the more extended soft touch for romance and sex. and b/c that kind of touch is reserved for sex if it's exchanged between men it's often thought of as 'gay'. which is a reason men tend to avoid it among each other. not b/c they're bad ppl but b/c they've been conditioned to avoid touching other men except during athletics or simple greetings. but they don't exactly be laid up on each other offering rubs and caresses.

i haven't seen an Army chow line either so i dunno what kind of extended platonic touching goes on there. but if it involves relatively soft touch w/caress that's intended to communicate care and support and doesn't resemble the sort of athletic touching the article contemplates then i'm all ears.