Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYou ever be driving with a person that can NOT give directions?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12761649
12761649, You ever be driving with a person that can NOT give directions?
Posted by lazyboi, Wed Mar-25-15 08:18 AM
And smartphones have made that sh*t worse, cause they be in their phone when they sposed to be telling you where to go. That’s why when I have the address, I just prefer to drop it into waze.

But yeah you’re driving in the right lane, and instead of saying, “make a left at the light” or “such and such street” they says some shit like “get over in the left lane”. You get over thinking a split in the road or a turn is coming up. Come to find out, your turn is like 3 miles ahead. Either that or they let you get all the way in the intersection and be like “turn here”.

I had a frat brother that had that bad. Get in the car, sposed to be telling the driver how to get somewhere, instead this mothaf*cka is up there pouring his beer in a cup. Negro you gon be the navigator or the bartended. Make up your mind.

“Make a right at the light”….*makes right*……”oh sh*t not this light, I meant the next light…..back up.” No, negro, SHUT up.

My pops, I love him dearly, but when I’m tryna turn left onto a busy street (meaning I have ot check the traffic coming fro the right) while he’s in the passenger seat, how does he manage to get his head in every spot I’m tryna look at to block my view? I move my head forward, he moves HIS head forward “Ok, you got it”. I move my head back to see, he moves HIS head back “ok you got it!” Dad, sit back lol

Honorable mention I’ve known about 6 people in my life, that while I’m driving, will reach over and blow my horn at someone. That’s when I stop the car, put it in park, and hit them with the https://coopcatalyst.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/jan-brewer-finger-obama.jpg

"If you wanna help us, fine. Sit down with your kids and make 'em study at night...otherwise, shoot THIS mothaf*cka!" (c) Morgan Freeman,
12761662, My homegirl is like that and it drives me up the wall and what makes
Posted by Kim Jong Trill, Wed Mar-25-15 08:36 AM
matters worse, she doesnt know her right from her left. Driving wit her is a chore, I get frustrated and just tell her to put her "L hand" up

Fuck your fort!
12761666, my mom is the worst
Posted by luminous, Wed Mar-25-15 08:39 AM
she tells me i should have turned there after we pass the intersection...

instead of saying, "make the next left", she would say "go there" and point by waving her finger back and forth.
12761671, my wife is the worst navigator ever. My first time in her hometown...
Posted by KosherSam, Wed Mar-25-15 08:41 AM
we're driving, and get to an intersection. I ask "Do I turn left or right here?"

She shrugs and says "it doesn't really matter. either way is fine."

There have been other times where she's said one direction, and then been like "oh, I meant to say left!"
12763246, exactly.
Posted by kinetic94761180, Wed Mar-25-15 10:21 PM
12761673, Biggest source of grief in my marriage. My wife is the worst navigator.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Mar-25-15 08:44 AM
She is a new yorker who doesn't drive so she doesn't realize that it is the JOB of the person who is not driving to be helpful to the driver on long trips. That main job is navigating. get the directions. Don't give me the next 15 direction steps unless I ask but DO tell me when turns are coming up.

Drives me crazy.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're
12761686, i cant stand when ppl are trash at giving directions, then turn around
Posted by Government Name, Wed Mar-25-15 08:52 AM
and get aggressive with you like you're the one f*cking up.
12761693, how the fuck does one get better at navigation? *takes L*
Posted by 2.tears.in.a.bucket, Wed Mar-25-15 08:55 AM

it's like, either ya got it or ya don't.

i don't even play those games. i just let folks know up front - i'm shit at directions.
12761698, infore the person of turns maybe a block or two before it arrives for one
Posted by lazyboi, Wed Mar-25-15 08:59 AM
know your right from your left.
pay attentions

it starts there.

"If you wanna help us, fine. Sit down with your kids and make 'em study at night...otherwise, shoot THIS mothaf*cka!" (c) Morgan Freeman,
12762818, lol. thanks. gonna try that.
Posted by 2.tears.in.a.bucket, Wed Mar-25-15 03:39 PM
12761730, ^ same.
Posted by Brew, Wed Mar-25-15 09:15 AM
I'm terrible. Easily distracted. Can follow directions with the best of them, while myself being distracted. I just assume everyone else is all set like I am. Oh well.
12761710, Thankfully, in 2015, I can ignore these people and
Posted by b.Touch, Wed Mar-25-15 09:05 AM
let the white woman in the telephone tell me what the deal is.
12761731, Ahahahaha.
Posted by Brew, Wed Mar-25-15 09:15 AM
>let the white woman in the telephone tell me what the deal
>is.
12761736, people that can't/don't drive are usually bad at giving directions
Posted by BigJazz, Wed Mar-25-15 09:17 AM

I'm tryna be better off, not better than...
12761908, My mom is a renegaaaaaade
Posted by dagu, Wed Mar-25-15 11:11 AM
I still remember driving to a fork in the road a few years ago and asking her which way to go (I even said "left or right") and she says "straight."

She also says "that way" and "there" a lot which would be fine if I enjoyed taking my eyes off the road in traffic to see which way she's indicating with her eyes.
12761947, Dear God I got annoying flashbacks just reading this
Posted by Doc Catalyst, Wed Mar-25-15 11:22 AM

>She also says "that way" and "there" a lot which would be fine
>if I enjoyed taking my eyes off the road in traffic to see
>which way she's indicating with her eyes.

Or just some kind of ambiguous pointing motion that you have to decipher in a split second.
12762085, Lol @ "straight".
Posted by The Wordsmith, Wed Mar-25-15 11:53 AM
I bet you were ready to tear your hair out.

Since 1976
12762112, RE: My mom is a renegaaaaaade
Posted by Numba_33, Wed Mar-25-15 11:59 AM
>I still remember driving to a fork in the road a few years
>ago and asking her which way to go (I even said "left or
>right") and she says "straight."

A-yo, that's amazing. (c) Raekwon's first words from his verse on Triumph.

How did that situation resolve itself? I'm hoping there weren't cars behind you.
12762850, i do this
Posted by lfresh, Wed Mar-25-15 04:00 PM
for long drives and i know i can't focus for like 6 hours

i tell them my hand knows what i'm talking about if my mouth confuses you regarding right or left

pay more attention to the hand gesture if it comes down to a decision on deciding what i meant and bear with me

discalculia is a bitch i tell you
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.
12763247, lol
Posted by kinetic94761180, Wed Mar-25-15 10:22 PM
12761943, "Take this left" "I mean't RIGHT!"
Posted by Af-1, Wed Mar-25-15 11:21 AM
That's my wife.
12762265, HAHAHA
Posted by lazyboi, Wed Mar-25-15 12:38 PM

12761967, My girl is like that
Posted by tha_scientist, Wed Mar-25-15 11:28 AM
The worst is when she points left but says take a right!

12762060, don't point in the direction you want me to go. use your words, fool.
Posted by sweet ruffian, Wed Mar-25-15 11:49 AM
12762149, my wife is the worse...
Posted by tomjohn29, Wed Mar-25-15 12:09 PM
if i dont know where we are going she drives i navigate
works better
12762237, my girl is borderline dyslexic
Posted by LES, Wed Mar-25-15 12:29 PM
when it comes to her Lefts and Rights. I always tell her one day she's gonna get us killed because I'm always having to swerve and correct last minute from her horrible directions.
12762252, that should be expected if your navigator isn't a driver. If they are, that's
Posted by Cenario, Wed Mar-25-15 12:33 PM
just shameful
12762829, My wife is horrible with directions
Posted by RobOne4, Wed Mar-25-15 03:45 PM
like even when I already put directions from our address to our destination address. I have her hold the phone. She will mute the directions and have me missing turns or turning early. I always yell TURN ON THE DAMN SOUND! She is also a horrible back seat driver, Any drive longer than 30 minutes and I want to punch her in the mouth.
12762845, i'm decent at it
Posted by lfresh, Wed Mar-25-15 03:58 PM
but i will confuse my right and my left when i'm not focused
but i warn the driver it might happen
also i'm a walker and if i'm giving direction from a walking perspective i try to warn that while i usually make this turn they may not be able to
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.
12763183, freshy! how does this happen?
Posted by lazyboi, Wed Mar-25-15 08:55 PM
>but i will confuse my right and my left when i'm not focused

like.... u can't do a mental inventory, before you speak? lol

12763184, no one knows of people that blow the horn from the passenger seat?
Posted by lazyboi, Wed Mar-25-15 08:56 PM
i swear i know like 6 people that have done that.

hmmm does that mean they think i'm mad slammable?

12763204, i can't stand that shit
Posted by gumz, Wed Mar-25-15 09:21 PM
it's so easy to give someone a heads up "ok, there's a left turn coming up at the next light..."

the worst are people who tell you shit at the last second so then you're constantly on edge cause you know at any second they'll just bust out with "TURN NOW!"

thank goodness for gps
12763205, "Go that way" without at least pointing in the correct direction.
Posted by Coprolalia, Wed Mar-25-15 09:25 PM
If you can't tell me to go left or right, I'll find it myself...
12763210, .
Posted by Ted Gee Seal, Wed Mar-25-15 09:28 PM