Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIts Thursday....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12761615&mesg_id=12763615
12763615, Its Thursday....
Posted by Tiggerific, Thu Mar-26-15 09:57 AM
but you guys would never believe it. Yesterday, I spent basically the whole evening talking to my Mother in Law and we are actually good! I know that I'm not meant to be her caregiver. But, with that said, we are cool. I can't live with her. But, I can help her out and spend time with her. I think we squash a lot of our beef yesterday and she now...FINALLY understands me and understands why she has such screwed up relationships with me and her son.

It feels like a weight as been lifted off me. I didn't hold any ill will and I always wanted what was best for her. But, it felt nice to get everything off my chest and really help her understand things. I think that moving forward things will be a lot smoother between us because I understand how to talk to her and approach her regarding issues. A friend posted The Optimism Creed and I really took it to heart. So, I'm just going to hope for the best. Hopefully, she will also take my suggestions to heart and work on her relationships with her son and my Mother.

Its amazing how GOD works. I truly thought I would be in jail this morning because my hubby is coming back from a business trip in Albuquerque and my mom is on her way back from Atlantic City, and I was pretty sure that my mother in law was going to say something that goaded me into doing her physical harm. But, the total opposite happened. And, I feel absolutely great! :)