Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI recently travelled to Houston for professional reasons
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12761615&mesg_id=12761820
12761820, I recently travelled to Houston for professional reasons
Posted by illegal, Wed Mar-25-15 10:25 AM
During the trip, I went to a client hosted party at Minute Maid park (is that Houstons ballpark) where they shut it down for us for the evening. We got to go on the field and take BP and everything.

The park was elegantly decorated, the food was fancy and plentiful, the bar was OPEN.

On my way out of the party, well lubricated (OPEN BAR), there was a string quartet, and one of those human statue dudes who was painted all gold and hitting poses to the string music.

As we exited, people in the party shouted instructions to the human statue guy. Stand on one leg! Vogue! Pretend to swim! He handles all their commands with mechanical precision.

As I approach his station, full of free single-malt, I have only one thing in mind. I approach the group surrounding the human statue and yell, "DO THE SOUTHSIDE!"

When I tell you buddy immediately broke a perfect Robot Southside, it was amazing! Made my entire night. I was cracking up, and nobody around me knew why.

I was thinking about this moment last night, and realized that I did NOT tip this brother for that moment. :-( if I was in my right mind, that moment was worth at LEAST $10 to me.