Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI'll definitely give it a look, thanks.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12761562&mesg_id=12762140
12762140, I'll definitely give it a look, thanks.
Posted by Mr. ManC, Wed Mar-25-15 12:07 PM
*edit* I will add though, if you consider reparations, shouldn't both the grievance for any award be for both the damage done in all actions of "anti-blackness" as well as all actions of theft and erasure from the financial stockpiling of this country?

If slavery were only about race, then America would have BEEEEN apologized for slavery. But they won't, because to acknowledge the dissemination of anti-blackness is one thing, but it would open up a can of worms of pointing to the psychological and financial stake we would hold for restitution. If slavery was just about race then an apology would suffice, and they could pass it off as a time when people thought weird, but that's over with now. However it is the exact opposite, they were full and aware of what they were doing in stealing the labor to build this country, and it required a particular candidate. I think the difference is you are saying they didn't have white slaves because they were white, and I'm saying they didn't have white slaves because they couldn't cut it, on multiple levels. Surely they exploited multiple avenues in their gross justification of any slavery, but their esteem and white supremacy was secondary to the economic prowess they were looking to amass.