Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Yeah, I don't agree that they enslaved our ancestors b/c they believed
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12761562&mesg_id=12761751
12761751, RE: Yeah, I don't agree that they enslaved our ancestors b/c they believed
Posted by Mr. ManC, Wed Mar-25-15 09:27 AM
>our ancestors to be their intellectual superiors in the areas
>of agriculture, engineering, etc. I don't think that's why
>Arabs enslaved Black Africans either tho. As someone who leans
>toward Afro-pessimism, your explanation is hella romantic.
>
>
>I think one does w/e with their chattel & that is how they
>saw/see us. I will die on that hill lol.

You should go back and do some history. I know you like hearing we came from "kings and queens" before slavery, but we also came from farmers, teachers, astrologists, engineers, and everything under the sun. Europe was WELL aware of this. In regards to the colonial America and the transatlantic slave trade, the devolution of what became chattel slavery did not just start as a volatile process. The delineation of action was much more that:

- White settlers came to new land on a loan from the UK.

- White settlers needed to find a business that would fulfill their debt to the UK for their transport and settlement.

- White settlers got their asses kicked by harsh winters, and had to resort to cannibalism to survive (see: The Lost Colony)

- White settlers got hipped to tobacco from Native Americans and sent it to Europe and looked to cash crop this product.

- White settlers started recruiting whites AND blacks under the guise of indentured servitude to work the fields to churn out the cash crop.

- White settlers looked to Africans for their skill set in the farming and agricultural prowess for cash cropping tobacco AND cotton.

- 1600s - White settlers draw a line in the sand denoting that being black = indentured servitude for LIFE vs their white counterparts in decisive Maryland case.

- on this justification, the idea of chattel slavery is developed and implemented into the transatlantic slave trade.

Again, the evidence that the slave breaking kidnapping process was against a people who were not docile and not stupid is in the (subhu)manufacturing process that literally had to beat the fight and spirit out of a person to make then "enslaved". You have do that to a people who are actively fighting you tooth and nail every time, and you risk it because they have something that you need. More than just Black skin, because they easily could have gone after Irish gingers and told them this same thing. They needed our mental physical attributes as well.

What they were trying to do in the new world we had already done for thousands of years. Additionally, the ones who showed them how to do it in Europe were Blacks as well. They knew full and well what was required to build the empire they wanted, and it stands as the biggest crime in this worlds history. Racism and slavery were not happy accidents of coincidence on the basis of us being Black no more that the wars we see right now being coincidences in these areas rich with resources "hating us for our freedom" or having a "Muslim" mindset. Those things are merely justifications for the true intent. In colonialism and white world supremacy, the end always justifies the means.