Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: ^And not even close - I would much rather listen to Pac's catalog than
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12760952&mesg_id=12761485
12761485, RE: ^And not even close - I would much rather listen to Pac's catalog than
Posted by Bombastic, Tue Mar-24-15 08:47 PM
>Biggie's for his wide ranging content alone
>
Pacolyte please.

You just choose content because actually discussing lyrics, flow, variety of rhyme styles, quotables, verses wouldn't be a contest.

>Pac could've made a similar album to either of Biggie's
>album...but there's absolutely no way. Biggie could've ever
>made a 'Makeveli'
>
Pac had about ten chances to make an album that held up and told a story from start to finish like Ready To Die but he was not even close to being able to do so.

I guess closest he came mighta been Me Against The World.

And he couldn't do Life After Death either, he had the entire Death Row camp (at their creative/commercial zeitgeist) literally gift him with their best material available upon coming home while he had production done by everyone from Quik to Dre to Dazz & Pooh yet put out an album where the second disc was two joints away from a full-fledged coaster.

>He'll, Big learned the game from Pac as far as what records to
>make that *women* buy
>
sure, lil buddy.

Even when Big makes ladies' joints, which he did more successfully by his first album than 2Pac had done up to that point.....it was Pac's spiritual guiding light showing him how to talk to girls.

>Also, there is NO rapper whose influence is easily recognized
>more than Tupac - especially in the mid to late 90s
>
It's pretty eazeeeey, to recognize another rhyme about henesseeeey and enemeeey.

You want credit for Ja-Rule & Lil Zane as part of why Pac's a better rapper than Big?

>Most ppl's favorite MC was a fan of Pac lol (including and
>especially Big)
>
tell the truth, did you really make yourself laugh out loud there?

and if so, why?

>That to me is ultimately how we measure an artist's greatness
>and impact
>
Uh-Huh(c)C.Wallace
>
>