Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Pac had a wide range of topics
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12760952&mesg_id=12761479
12761479, RE: Pac had a wide range of topics
Posted by Bombastic, Tue Mar-24-15 08:37 PM
>Big stayed in his lane topic wise. True he could switch up
>his flow but he stayed talking about the same shit.
not really true at all, there was about 8 or 9 different 'topics' just off the first album alone.

That's why
>more people love Pac. He was more relatable.
He was a better actor, better icon, more charismatic figure, better interview, better news story, better looking poster on the wall 'and all that, all that, all that'(c)
>Pac got more
>material I like but he also released more material.
He released a shit-ton of material, he recorded incessantly and it wasn't all the most focused quality stuff either.

Pac was more a songs guy than an albums guy.

He didn't flesh out his thoughts into a cohesive album whole like that, closest to doing so was the Makiaveli joint which perhaps not coincidentally was completed & put together after his death.

Plus Big
>came up when NYC was on that mafia don shit and that kinda
>boxed him in topic wise.
Big talked about all kinds of shit from growing up, to braggadocio raps, to storytelling joints, to mental issues, rapping from different character's perspectives, etc.

He just didn't make cuddly pandering cuts like "Dear Momma" or direct I'm-Gonna-Kill-You direct diss records like "Hit Em Up".

Going back to those records during
>that mid 90s era, that mafioso stuff messed up New York rap.
>Sure you got your OB4CL but you mainly got some albums that
>was just cool for the moment.

I don't know what this has to do with anything but I guess you got meander into musing about other shit when actually comparing these two guys as MC's if you're taking Pac's side of it musically.