Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIs it me, or does it feel like we've seen Peak Biggie Love?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12760952&mesg_id=12760952
12760952, Is it me, or does it feel like we've seen Peak Biggie Love?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Mar-24-15 01:39 PM
Tupac's stature seems to continue to rise with Time but it doesn't feel like the same is happening with Biggie.

I mean do the youngin's go crazy in the club when a biggie track comes on like the old heads do? Last party I heard a biggie set I was the youngest dude in there? :(

If I am not wrong it could be contributed to a couple of factors (Jay-Z's rise in that lane and New York hip-hop generally falling off in influence) but I think the one factor people won't want to admit is that Tupac had a political/social commentary component that is somewhat timeless and endures.

Pac is getting made over into the next iteration of the Panthers and people are kind of ignoring the Makaveli ride on our enemies Pac.

Biggie doesn't really have that (even though they tried to force it in the movie 'Sky is the limit...').

ionknow. Just thinking out loud.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're