Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNever let this society take away your cheerfulness.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12759626&mesg_id=12759649
12759649, Never let this society take away your cheerfulness.
Posted by Madvillain 626, Mon Mar-23-15 02:16 PM
In Meditations by Marcus Aurelius, he says a man should never lose his cheerfulness. I agree.

A lot of black men are hardened by 40. Cynical and angry. This world will wear your spirit down if you let it.

I went to jail for about a day recently and there were these young black dudes talking about all sorts of stuff since we were waiting for our court appearance. They said at one point "these police motherfuckers want to break our spirit, but this jail shit can't break our spirit." Lord knows I didn't want to be there, but I felt that. And that can be applied to any system of white supremacy in the outside world.

Tariq Nasheed had a podcast ep recently about Logic and Emotion, and how whites want to get us all riled up and pissed off, and once that happens, they won. He's right.

One has to remember that this world is absurd. All of it. Even if racism didn't exist, the world would still be absurd. Capitalism. Taxes. 8 hour workdays. Laws. Our institutional structures, life itself. All fucking absurd. That doesn't mean I'm a fucking bum or a communist, I'm going to handle my shit and navigate the racist fuckery regardless...but life is stil absurd. No reason to take this shit TOO seriously.

So, do I feel financially stifled? For now, hell yeah. You don't have to be black to feel that, and I'm stifled for dumb shit I've done more so than stifled by white supremacy.

But emotional/spiritually/mentally stifled? Hell nah, never. I'll remain happy and cheerful in the face of adversity until I'm six feet deep. Anything less is lettin the bullshit and the bullshitters win.

Nahmsayin?