Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectbruh... they don't know the extent of it...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12757887&mesg_id=12758597
12758597, bruh... they don't know the extent of it...
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Sun Mar-22-15 06:21 PM
>If I'm going thru it there's no organization to help me
>
>If I can't pay my rent for whatever reason I'd be a homeless
>motherfucker

When a state tightens the requirements for food stamps, welfare, etc the FIRST people to get cut are single, childless men. It happened in Michigan back in the 90's. A grip of dudes that couldn't find work for whatever reason suddenly found themselves without food.

When I lost my job, I was going to call up and apply for food stamps/snap so we could eat. The wife and her moms told me to let HER do it 'cause if it went under my name we might not get it or get it severely reduced.

One of the homies got sole custody of his infant kids 'cause moms got hemmed up on some foul charges. He needed some extra money for food for the kids and ended up struggling to make ends meet 'cause ain't no WIC-type of program for men.

Ain't no programs for men... period. We're expected to suck it up, dust ourselves off, and pull a job out our asses to make money to support ourselves.

---------------------------

forcing myself to actually respond to you is like bathing in ebola virus. - Binlahab

Like there is stupid, and then there is you, and then there is dead. - VAsBestBBW

R.I.P. Disco D