Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectoh, so bc i live in a super gay bubble
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12757887&mesg_id=12758452
12758452, oh, so bc i live in a super gay bubble
Posted by SoWhat, Sun Mar-22-15 12:37 PM
populated only by gay ppl i cannot understand the plight of the heterosexual male.

that is fucking laughable.

>and I know you're intelligent enough to see what I was
>saying, but I'll spell it out.

i'd think you'd be intelligent enough to know that though i don't eat pussy my world is filled w/heterosexuals. most of my favorite ppl are heterosexuals (<-- see what i did there?). i was raised by heterosexuals. my whole family is heterosexual (save for a bisexual first cousin). all of my coworkers. the overwhelming majority of the kids i went to school with. the overwhelming majority of the ppl i see on tv. in movies. in books.

do i need to go on? b/c i can.

>A lot of women, expect their love interests, when that love
>interest is a man to be stoic and often over look the
>emotional/mental needs of them.
>
>This isn't about you being feminine, this is about a dynamic
>you may not be a party to, due to your orientation.

oh fuck off.

Just like,
>I'm sure there are power/relationship dynamics between two men
>when they are in a romatic relationship that I'm sure I am not
>a party to at all.

jesus the fuck christ.

anyway, i know what you're saying. i disagree w/it completely.

yes, some women expect their man to be stoic. some. sure. but that's not the same as saying women or the women we're discussing in particular do not care about a man's feelings. it's not necessarily true that women have that expectation and even if they do if they really care for the man in their life and he's struggling emotionally they want to help. they may not know how to help - they may feel powerless and they may act out of that feeling of powerlessness. it's not the same as not caring.

also, b/c we're taught as boys to disregard our feelings when we hurt (and we all do) we often lack the tools to communicate the hurt effectively. and so we project this idea that world doesn't care about our feelings b/c we're men. it's just not true. the world may not care but not b/c we're men. and the ppl who love us if they actually love us DO care about our feelings. they care what we go through. they don't want us to hurt. and if we hurt and they can help they will help. we have to reach out though. we have to ask for the help. those who are really down for us will respond - they'll reach back.