Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThe 5ive™ (Jodeci Back)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12757111
12757111, The 5ive™ (Jodeci Back)
Posted by Fishgrease, Fri Mar-20-15 08:45 AM
Come and Talk to Me
-------------------
I don't care how bad it sounds or if it even leaks. I'm buying that Jodeci album when it drops on 3/31. I'm not downloading it for the free-free. I'm purchasing it. I got a $100 Itunes gift card that'll get me the album when it's available---but I'm still eventually going to get a hard copy just to read the cover & credits.

------------
Let's Go Thru The Motions

My boy took a $600 Home inspection course last year.
He's banking now. My boys and I hooked him up with a few of our friends who are realtors. Now on a "bad" week he does 10 home inspections a week with the average being about $350. (some higher some lower depending on the size of the house) So we're talkin' about $3,500 a week/ $14,000 a month. He's talkin' about all the inspections that he has to turn down because he doesn't have the manpower.....

Uhm guess who's lookin' at home inspection courses right now?..

-----------
x's we share

I had a dream the other day which was simply a replay of when I was 15 years old and my mother took me to Oaktree at Southpark Mall (Colonial Heights, VA) to buy a coat.

I woke up smiling. I miss her more than I care to admit.

---------------
Sweaty

I can't breathe.
The damn allergies are killing me slowly.
I feel like I have the flu, yet I'm not sick.
One would think the rain would help but so far that ain't happ'nin.

--------
Cherish

My son is growing up....and I hate it.
I want him to be 9 forever.
He's right at that point where he's naive to a lot of things, but smart enough to know when someone is trying to get over on him. Inquisitive to a degree that's awe-inspiring and surprisingly knowledgeable about things one wouldn't think a 3rd grader would know. I like this kid.

But I know he'll change and become one of those phuckin' teenagers that I hate and mumble about when they come around...Don't try to convince me that he won't. (He won't be bad under my watch)But that doesn't mean he still won't be nerve wracking. I hate all kids that are 13-19. ALL of 'em.

----------
Gimme Five !!!

12757128, Siblings
Posted by DaHeathenOne76, Fri Mar-20-15 08:57 AM
David-
Tax season is almost over! Bank account looking nice but I am tired.

Nicole-
This semester is almost over (I have been throughly convinced to slow roll the hell out of this doctorate).

Folasade-
I came off my fast and got a stomach bug JUST LIKE THAT. Thanks Obama!

Keisha
My husband is awesome. That is all!

Martez
Telluride Mushroom Festival or NYC Randomness. I cannot decide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de6VnExhelQ

Presenting Collective Peace.

https://www.facebook.com/CollectivePeace
12757177, You should just randomly tell your husband he's awesome. We
Posted by Fishgrease, Fri Mar-20-15 09:21 AM
men like that.

or just give him some out of the blue SLOPPYTOPPY ---we like that too.
12757194, Check and double check
Posted by DaHeathenOne76, Fri Mar-20-15 09:29 AM
Been doing this for 10 years LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de6VnExhelQ

Presenting Collective Peace.

https://www.facebook.com/CollectivePeace
12757202, I'm just trying to make sure you maintaining.
Posted by Fishgrease, Fri Mar-20-15 09:32 AM
12757143, Just 5ive
Posted by SuiteLady, Fri Mar-20-15 09:04 AM
1) I'm smarter and nicer in the mornings. By noon it has all gone to hell!

2) Birthday celebrations are for birds.

3) I feel different about this city ... different than I have from all the others. Not that I want to stay here, but... It might be because I am experiencing a different side of this city. Went to the black rep and the rep last weekend. The symphony the weekend before that. French film fest and the New Jewish Theater this weekend. It isn't like the other cities I have lived in didn't have these opportunities. The fact is, I didn't take advantage of them. It is different.

4) I fee a lot better, though I am still depressed. hard to explain, but the better is there. I beleive it has a lot to do with me leaving that job. OH! And guess who asked me to do some consultant work for them!? The job I quit merely 4 weeks ago. They said I am the only person who knows that database. My response to their offer was that I would only do it for $20,000. They said they couldn't provide that much so I told them no. Hell, I quit that job for a reason. AND gave them 3 weeks notice - enough time for someone to get up to speed, even if they didn't have a replacement yet.

5)"What We Do In The Shadows" was funny as hell www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv568AzZ-i8
12757176, LOL at the whole job counter offer..i feel you though.
Posted by Fishgrease, Fri Mar-20-15 09:19 AM
12757335, RE: Just 5ive
Posted by Tiggerific, Fri Mar-20-15 10:26 AM
My hubby has had "the consulting job offer" happen to him at every job he left. EVERY ONE!!!! :) They needed 3 people to replace him at his last gig.

Now, he's getting that itch again, but if it means a 50K bump in pay, I'm all for him leaving. Plus, he's tired of being the Olivia Pope Fixer at his job and not getting that Olivia Pope pay.

Demand that money, girlie!!!! :)
12757379, Aye! You hit the nail on the head with that Olivia Pope reference.
Posted by SuiteLady, Fri Mar-20-15 10:49 AM
12757426, RE: Aye! You hit the nail on the head with that Olivia Pope reference.
Posted by Tiggerific, Fri Mar-20-15 11:31 AM
My hubby was mad that I basically reduced him to a black woman. But, I told him that I just mean that you are so bad ass at your job that everyone wants you on their team and that in any situation, they are going to come to you. Even if it means infringing on your time to get what they want. You are the Engineering Genius aka Olivia Pope - Fixer at your job. Own it.

Demand that money and the job YOU want to keep you there, or move on to a company that is going to pay you what you are really worth.
12757210, Funny things my kid said this week!
Posted by Tiggerific, Fri Mar-20-15 09:35 AM
Mommy, I'm getting BACON?! Oh BOY!!!! -- I have had a grand total of 5 hours of sleep. Took my adderall and I'm on my morning grind. I just know now to not have a Venti White Chocolate Mocha after 8 pm. I was up at 4:30 am watching Mary Mary Watch What Happens like...I need to go to bed. LOL!!!!

Mommy, I want the Parrot Cheerios!!!! (aka Fruit Loops) -- My daughter's 3rd birthday is in one week. We are taking her to Myrtle Beach to our favorite hotel, The Caribbean Resort. She loves to swim in the pools. We got her a Doc McStuffins tent, a Kindle Fire HD with the indestructible case and the kid option so she can download her stuff and I don't have to worry about adult content accidentally loading on her tablet, puzzles and books. Her grandmother is getting her a membership to the little gym. My mother in law (though she doesn't know it yet) is getting her a Hello Kitty Cupcake Kitchen, and my parents and brother sent down their gifts wrapped. But her badass lowrider tricycle will be hand delivered by Paw-Paw next month.

Mommy, this superman ice cream is De-Lic-IOUS!!! -- I'm injured. My rotator cuff is fuckin with me. I can raise my arm in front of me over my head no problem. I try that shit sideways and I can barely lift it. It's fuckin with me because I want to finish the open and I want to continue doing my CrossFit workouts but a friend of mine said that I need to not lift and rest it for a month! FUCK!!!!

Climb, climb, climb! (what my daughter was saying the first time I saw her climb a rock wall) -- This week, I'm kind of questioning my blog as to who my audience is, and what I want to portray. I think I'm going to take a bit of a hiatus so that I can come back strong on the first of the month. I think I have an idea how I can use my blog to help and reach more people. And, also use it to show my progress working out. There is no way I'm going to not work out for a month. I will just have to scale and do other workouts that don't aggravate my injury. Dare I say it, I might be more cardio-centric for a month (ARGH!!!!)

Mommy, I went tinkle in my panties, but I made it to the potty to finish! Yay! I'm so proud of you! (LOL! This had me dying, but I was truly proud of her.) -- I realized that I just need to use all my pull-ups, put her in panties that she likes and force the issue. Its not that she can't go to the potty. She goes just fine. But, she is now learning that when you gotta go, you gotta go. And, just because she's playing, not going to the potty and peeing or pooping on Minnie Mouse or Doc McStuffins is not an option. So, she's telling me, she did a little tinkle or a little booboo, but she still needs to go to the potty. And, that is major progress.
12757326, i suffer from bursitis in my shoulder so i sympathize with any
Posted by Fishgrease, Fri Mar-20-15 10:23 AM
type of shoulder pain.
12757421, RE: i suffer from bursitis in my shoulder so i sympathize with any
Posted by Tiggerific, Fri Mar-20-15 11:28 AM
This sucks major King Kong BALLS!!!!

I'm active 5-6 days a week. This week due to a 24 hr bug and my injuries (my knee was swollen also) I've only hit the gym once.

And, I'm still gonna do the scaled workout in the CrossFit Open on Sunday. But, on the real...I'm just gonna have to do cardio for a month. I know you can't really lose weight doing cardio, but I'm just gonna do it so I can stay active and focus on my nutrition to lose my last 25.

If I do that for a month, it will give my shoulder time to heal. If it hasn't in one month, then me and my doctor are gonna have a talk. I'm seriously gonna have to cut back on CrossFit for a month and that's like I'm on punishment or something. Argh!

Bursitis sucks. I feel your pain.

12757799, RE: i suffer from bursitis in my shoulder so i sympathize with any
Posted by Tiggerific, Fri Mar-20-15 04:13 PM
Actually, after talking to my coach and my hubby...no more CrossFit Open for me :(
12757391, this is real
Posted by BabySoulRebel, Fri Mar-20-15 11:08 AM
>Climb, climb, climb! (what my daughter was saying the first
>time I saw her climb a rock wall) -- This week, I'm kind of
>questioning my blog as to who my audience is, and what I want
>to portray. I think I'm going to take a bit of a hiatus so
>that I can come back strong on the first of the month. I
>think I have an idea how I can use my blog to help and reach
>more people. And, also use it to show my progress working
>out. There is no way I'm going to not work out for a month.
>I will just have to scale and do other workouts that don't
>aggravate my injury. Dare I say it, I might be more
>cardio-centric for a month (ARGH!!!!)

I'm struggling with this on my own blog
been avoiding it in various ways, mostly focusing on the look when I should be focusing on content.
12757254, 5 Cities
Posted by Creole, Fri Mar-20-15 09:58 AM
Lake Charles:
I was sitting here listening to Cadillactica (I needed a break from TPAB this morning.) and eating a ZipLoc bag of blackberries. It made me think of being a little boy; visiting my grandmother on Lebato St.; and eating them blackberries we picked in Poppa T's back yard which was across the street from my grandmother's house.

Lil afro, tank top, cut-off shorts, thick knee high striped socks, and a pair of NBA's from Kenney's Shoe Store. Weekend trips to Beaumont and Houston to visit family.

Can it be that life was oh so simple then!?!

Lafayette:
Crack showed up! Read a NY Times article on the shortage of welders in America. The article made me think of my uncle who became one when he came home from the Army. The coincidental timing of crack's arrival and his return are forever etched in my head because Unc became "Pookie" and a Master Welder.

Harvey:
Man, I watch "Nightwatch" every week and am glad as hell that I decided to join the USAF when I did in '90. Greater New Orleans started going to shit right about that time.

Stone Mountain:
The sunlight and temps we had here, before today's wintry mix, had me missing the hell outta Metro ATL, my family, and friends there. See y'all soon!

Baltimore:
Commissioner Batts has been catching hell about his comments on the segregation found in this city. As another "outsider", though I have lived here for a total of 12 years, I agree wholeheartedly.
12757339, man remember when you'd try to match the rings of your
Posted by Fishgrease, Fri Mar-20-15 10:28 AM
socks w/the rest of your outfit?
12757396, RE: man remember when you'd try to match the rings of your
Posted by Creole, Fri Mar-20-15 11:11 AM
Even as a youngin, the outfit had to be coordinated even if the shoes ain't match shit else that you had on.

My dad used to keep us outfitted in these sneakers.

Look at the prices on this pic:

http://sportsdesignblog.typepad.com/.a/6a01127953797128a401310f2f946f970c-pi

Store sign: http://www.whspioneers.org/kinney_shoes.jpg

Life really was that simple!

Kinney's spawned Foot Locker.
12757967, Man you went back....Did you know that Kinney shoe store was the
Posted by Fishgrease, Fri Mar-20-15 10:18 PM
parent company for Footlocker?

I only know this b/c my first job was at footlocker way back in 1991 and my checks had Kinney Shoe store on 'em.

eventually footlocker became the bigger brand and swallowed the parent company.
12757392, I agree with Batts and kinda spoke on it when that Bowley's Qtr thing hit
Posted by Sha, Fri Mar-20-15 11:08 AM
Baltimore is segregated amongst the race lines when it comes to neighborhoods. But you can also look at it as classicism. Black folks aren't paying the rents of say Hampden, Fed Hill, Fells Point and Canton. Mostly it's their funds and others it's not worth it (parking sucks, loud partying and crowding). A lot of black folks have moved to Randallstown, Owings Mills and Columbia.
12757412, And I'm refusing to buy a house in Randallstown, OM, or...
Posted by Creole, Fri Mar-20-15 11:24 AM
>Baltimore is segregated amongst the race lines when it comes
>to neighborhoods. But you can also look at it as classicism.
>Black folks aren't paying the rents of say Hampden, Fed Hill,
>Fells Point and Canton. Mostly it's their funds and others
>it's not worth it (parking sucks, loud partying and crowding).
> A lot of black folks have moved to Randallstown, Owings Mills
>and Columbia.
>

Columbia.

I know that I'm not wanted in Roland Park but that I may have issues in Park Heights. I don't wanna be in Randallstown but I may not be welcome in Marriottsville. Hampden/Fed Hill/FP/Canton are nice but we'd prolly be treated like we should be in Sandtown. So, buying a home is a difficult riddle for me and the lady to solve.

Can it be that life was oh so simple then?

12757427, you know...
Posted by Sha, Fri Mar-20-15 11:32 AM

I know that I'm not wanted in Roland Park ( i dont think you guys would have an issue there) but that I may have issues in Park Heights. I don't wanna be in Randallstown but I may not be welcome in Marriottsville. Hampden(meh)/Fed Hill(nor here)/FP(nor here)/Canton(nor here) are nice but we'd prolly be treated like we should be in Sandtown. So, buying a home is a difficult riddle for me and the lady to solve. With the places you may not have an issue, it becomes why we spending all this money for so little space. And that's why i think most upwardly mobile black end up in the county. more bang for their buck.

Can it be that life was oh so simple then? (gotta walk the line. i like my area. It's somewhat racial diverse but, again...a lot of folks would rather live in an apartment complex with certain amenities...such as parking. LOL.
12757398, RE: The 5ive™ (Jodeci Back)
Posted by Kim Jong Trill, Fri Mar-20-15 11:12 AM
1) I've become an advocate for vegeterian rights in my cafeteria. I've been giving the lunch lady hell (respectfully) about putting chicken base in all the veggies on the hot bar. Equality is all I want!

2) my boy at work is getting played by our director but he's too blinded by his own arrogance to see it. I'm starting to sound like a broken record and I gotta chill wit giving him unwanted advice cuz im starting to feel like I'm preaching to him. I don't wanna see my brotha fall on his face but I gotta let adults be adults.

3) I'm back to wearing glasses, I had no idea how blind I was.

4) tonight my homegirl & I are going to dinner. I wish our friendship could be like what it was but once those lines of attraction & disrespect get crossed its hard to hit that reset button.

5) this weather sucks, I can't wait until tomorrow

Fuck your fort!
12757444, I've been wearin' my glasses all week due to my
Posted by Fishgrease, Fri Mar-20-15 11:48 AM
allergies...

and the women folks at the office have been givin' me all kinda compliments.

12757408, 5 Bilal Songs
Posted by Sha, Fri Mar-20-15 11:19 AM
Sometimes- I think my job got over incredibly on me. Even though they gave me a title change and a raise, I also got double...nah, almost triple work. SMH. I believe all it'll take is for 1 thing to happen and I won't be the sole support anymore. LOL Hate to put that out there but, at the rate that some of these training's are coming in :(.

Something to hold onto- Earlier this week I felt like warmed over death. It was a cold and allergies. I was so afraid it would flip to a upper respiratory infection because I was coughing and wheezing like no ones business. It passed over and I'm a lot better now. Praise him!

All Matter-Speaking of work...With the increase in responsibilities, I've been making sure to block my calendar with vacation time. I only have 1 thing cooking right now but, fuck it! Ya won't have me pinned in the office while all you mofos are on vacay. Nope!

Butterfly-Dating sucks. Though I've been meeting folks, a lot of these men folk are hurt. Like, I want you to prove you like me hurt. Like, I want you to chase me hurt. Like, I need your constant attention hurt. And I think, if you need this level of coodling now...what am I in for later? EJECT! EJECT! EJECT! This dude had the nerve to mention other prospects. Even jokingly, nah B! You concerned.

Back to Love-I wanted to go to Vegas but, my bday is that next weekend. I'd rather celebrate my 40th. Though I have put something out there, if it falls through...I'll be dolo on a beach somewhere and will not feel any kinda way :)

*Bonus: Letters to Hermoine* I made a status update via FB about how some dudes need a song like "Bag Lady". It must've struck a cord and/or offended dudes because hella hit dogs holla'ed. Via inbox...via the post itself and via text. I mean if the shoe fits, sport that shit. Handle your shit before you try to make someone else carry it. Maybe Duffle Bag boy was about more than drugs. LLS!
12757441, LOL at the dufflebag boy....
Posted by Fishgrease, Fri Mar-20-15 11:47 AM

>
>Something to hold onto- Earlier this week I felt like warmed
>over death. It was a cold and allergies. I was so afraid it
>would flip to a upper respiratory infection because I was
>coughing and wheezing like no ones business. It passed over
>and I'm a lot better now. Praise him!

i feel like death is an improvement.
>
>All Matter-Speaking of work...With the increase in
>responsibilities, I've been making sure to block my calendar
>with vacation time. I only have 1 thing cooking right now
>but, fuck it! Ya won't have me pinned in the office while all
>you mofos are on vacay. Nope!

I need a long vacation on a beach with powdery sand.
>
>Butterfly-Dating sucks. Though I've been meeting folks, a lot
>of these men folk are hurt. Like, I want you to prove you
>like me hurt. Like, I want you to chase me hurt. Like, I
>need your constant attention hurt. And I think, if you need
>this level of coodling now...what am I in for later? EJECT!
>EJECT! EJECT! This dude had the nerve to mention other
>prospects. Even jokingly, nah B! You concerned.

Shouldve kept me. LOL
>
>Back to Love-I wanted to go to Vegas but, my bday is that next
>weekend. I'd rather celebrate my 40th. Though I have put
>something out there, if it falls through...I'll be dolo on a
>beach somewhere and will not feel any kinda way :)

Damn you old...but finer than a mug.

>
>*Bonus: Letters to Hermoine* I made a status update via FB
>about how some dudes need a song like "Bag Lady". It must've
>struck a cord and/or offended dudes because hella hit dogs
>holla'ed. Via inbox...via the post itself and via text. I
>mean if the shoe fits, sport that shit. Handle your shit
>before you try to make someone else carry it. Maybe Duffle Bag
>boy was about more than drugs. LLS!
12757453, LOL
Posted by Sha, Fri Mar-20-15 11:52 AM
Aww Bew.
You basically full forced me!
If I wasnt finna set up shop in the ATL, aint my type of hype...LLS
12757460, RE: 5 Bilal Songs
Posted by Creole, Fri Mar-20-15 11:57 AM
>Butterfly-Dating sucks. Though I've been meeting folks, a lot
>of these men folk are hurt. Like, I want you to prove you
>like me hurt. Like, I want you to chase me hurt. Like, I
>need your constant attention hurt. And I think, if you need
>this level of coodling now...what am I in for later? EJECT!
>EJECT! EJECT! This dude had the nerve to mention other
>prospects. Even jokingly, nah B! You concerned.

On that same topic, someone once told me that "this city breeds broken people". Of course, that would apply to many other cities but this person lived here in B'more and found that the dating scene here was quite atrocious because it was much of the same thing from East to West.

Bros tryna give women what they want byu expressing their hurt. Now, you throw sand on 'em and don't give 'em a chance. :(

LOL
12757708, Five
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Mar-20-15 03:06 PM
----------
I'm optimistic about the Jodeci album. It seems now, that the music business is as close to shambles as it can be, artists young and old are being more "true". anyway, I'm there on day one.

----------
my siblings both got cars recently.

lil sis did OK. she had a good idea for a ride in the beginning, but I suspect that she didn't get off her feet fast enough for the right deal/better fit (no pun intended) and overpaid for what she got. in any case, I hope the money ends up being well spent. happy that she will have that extra degree of independence in a place that doesn't leave much wiggle room.

my lil bro did much better. after much back and forth texting about the process, and the ones he came up with, he got something appropriate, that he really likes below book value, with NO note.

I hooked up lil bro with a set of Weathertech floor liners (he don't know yet), since he's now a Midwesterner like me. I don't know what winter's like out where he is, but it's always a good deal to get your floors in order.

----------
Android Auto is here! Though the Google Play Music control is kinda booty, I hope that Google fixes it over time. Can't wait to join the bandwagon. Already got the app on the phone even though it doesn't do much.

----------
Lately I've been seeing brothers in station wagons, driving alone on my various commute. First time it was a Passat Wagon (shout out to the POOR-eg). Second time it was a dude in a Mazda 6 wagon (those are rare). It's good to see some automotive solidarity out there.

-----------
I feel like I get everything done, and yet nothing done.

>-----------
>x's we share

^^^^ I love this song, that is all.
12757780, RE: Five
Posted by Sepia., Fri Mar-20-15 04:00 PM
The more I look at the Renegade, the more I want it.

How often do you see your siblings? That's the worst thing about my
plans to leave this state, is not having my brother around to pick on.
12757835, RE: Five
Posted by Tiggerific, Fri Mar-20-15 05:20 PM
Shoot, number 5 is my day to day. I have this feeling seriously every day. I know its my ADHD riddled mind, but hey...I is who I is.
12757968, Man, I may be selling the Poor-Reg to my little sister and her fiance. I
Posted by Fishgrease, Fri Mar-20-15 10:21 PM
don't know what's next for me.

I need something small, gas friendly yet zippy.

I'll phuck around and end up with a rabbit or a beetle at the rate i'm going.
12757724, Cinco
Posted by Sepia., Fri Mar-20-15 03:19 PM
1. I'm about to get a lil' betta fish. Got a tank on sale, so now I just need the stuff to go in it.
If I get this night job, then I'll be upgrading quickly to a larger community tank. I want some tetra.

2. My body doesn't look how I want it to, because I'm the most unfit I've been in a long time.
But I'm more comfortable in my skin than I've ever been. It's weird. Maybe it's just part of getting older?

3. The rodeo is in town and I really miss my grandfather. I had plans to take him this year.

4. I'm waiting for more facts to come out in this Byrd hanging case, but it's just a really horrible thing all around.
I really need folks to hold their peace and not start reacting before thinking, though.

5. Against most folks' advice, I bought a dog leash attachment for my dog. We rode 3 days this week and he LOVES it.
It's a relaxing ride for me and the perfect run for him. He never used to beg me to go outside *with* him,
but now he does, and straight to the car when my bike is strapped on.
So glad I made the choice to buy it for him anyway. It's totally safe, comfortable and easy.
12757970, i think the spring has a way of makin' us miss those gone on.....
Posted by Fishgrease, Fri Mar-20-15 10:23 PM
12757845, 5 Song Friday
Posted by KingMonte, Fri Mar-20-15 05:39 PM
Managing Expectations: http://lsrules.podomatic.com/entry/2015-03-20T04_04_51-07_00