Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti wholeheartedly support greens and true progressives on local
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12756257&mesg_id=12756993
12756993, i wholeheartedly support greens and true progressives on local
Posted by poetx, Thu Mar-19-15 10:44 PM
levels.

by all means. get onto them city councils, zoning boards, dog catcheration and all that good shit.

in NATIONAL elections (and statewide when it is the difference between putting republicans in office) the third party ish is hustling backwards.

everybody voting republican made sense when malcolm floated it. it doesn't now.

republicans fuck over their own ostensible constituency of poor, ignorant whites who vote for them in outrageous numbers.

they REALLY not going to change their politics or policies if we flock to them en masse.

and so the national elections come down to governing. again, it felt good for liberals and progressives to say FUCK YOU BILL CLINTON with your DLC, triangulating, pseudo-centrist, overton window shifting bullshit.

but nader (in tandem w/ al gore's ineptitude ) got us bush.

if the other side of the coin were motherfuckers we just didn't like but who just did shit differently, yeah, we could take a swing on a far left candidate. in this case, these mfers are so crazy (starting mad wars and completely fuckign over the economy, supreme court, appeals courts, etc), this is not a viable, sane option.

democrats need to be challenged on the left at the local level. i'm glad the blue dogs got largely purged in the off year election, but i can't let disaffection lead to some more bullshit like 8 yrs of bush.

those were real ass consequences. and ppl still dying from all of those fucked up wheels put in motion.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad