Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAnd that's all you can point to in terms of meaningful social activism
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12754513&mesg_id=12756669
12756669, And that's all you can point to in terms of meaningful social activism
Posted by vee-lover, Thu Mar-19-15 02:33 PM
Where is his economic/political philosophy manifesto for the group he claims to be speaking for and to?...

I have talked w/Cornel West in the early 90s abt Dubois and it wasn't hard to recognize despite all his eloquence that he has intellectual limitations (to which he essentially admitted) and he symbolizes the "crisis of the negro intellectual" because he isn't writing abt any new ideals or breaking ground for future scholars to follow behind...which is why he's (and Dyson) still rehashing old subjects like MLK (as if we need another book written on King)

He attacks every part of the public square (the educational system/economic system and labor inequalities/political system that continues to try and disenfranchise blk ppl and other minority groups)....except one I notice: the Judeo-Christian religious system because he is a Christian/minister which makes a lot of his critique of America's social ills fundamentally incomplete.

>from rigorous intellectual work for free? scholars gotta eat
>too
>
>>even as a scholar he's fallen short
>>
>>His most noteworthy book is "race matters" which breaks no
>new
>>ground in the area of race and race-relations
>>
>LOL. you haven't read a damn thing you god damn liar.

What a simple-minded troll you continue to show yourself to be smh

>I still
>will never forget how O_E embarrassed you a few years ago,
>when you tried to talk shit about Dr. Marable writing about
>Malcolm.

Yeah ok - and I still sand by what I said in that post and abt Malcolm in general: Manning Marble didn't reveal ANYTHiNG new in the *2nd book* on Malcolm that he's written. Most ppl (like you, I'm sure) are victims of "personality worship" when it comes to Malcolm...because he didn't espouse anything that hadn't been discussed or written abt before him...he was also incredibly sexist...not to mention, most ppl still revere the fiery Malcolm instead of the man (El Hajj Malik Shabazz) who we didn't get to see fully evolve...

Malcolm didn't write not one book in his life...he only gave speeches and many of them were not only hate-filled towards white ppl but towards other blk leaders, namely King, who didn't share his views...even he later regretted some of the language he used towards both blks and well-meaning whites.
>
>you stay verbose and wrong

and I'm glad you seem to keep track w/me on these boards because that explains why you keep trollin me because I have no idea WTF you are...