Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectand while we are at it, what gives him the right to make such statements...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12754513&mesg_id=12755991
12755991, and while we are at it, what gives him the right to make such statements...
Posted by akon, Wed Mar-18-15 09:44 PM
on obama
and exactly how is this moving the black intellectual cause
he comes across as petty, and seems to lash out to anyone who disagrees with him. pathetic

“Rockefeller Republican in blackface.”
“a black mascot of Wall Street oligarchs and a black puppet of corporate plutocrats.”
It’s like you’re looking for John Coltrane and you get Kenny G in brown skin.

and note the emphasis on race. i mean wtf?
im all for critique, but this is not it
he even questions obama's blackness. shit is personal

He’s set back progressive movements. He’s set back prophetic possibilities in black America.
“What I hear is that, ‘He pimped us.’ I heard that a zillion times. ‘He pimped us, brother West.’”
President Obama is a global George Zimmerman
But in 2012, West says he didn’t even vote. “I couldn’t vote for a war criminal,” he said, calling Obama’s administration a “drone presidency.”
You got these black leaders on the Obama plantation, won’t say a criminal word about the master in the big house. Will only try to tame the field folk so that they’re not critical of the master in the

on melissa harris perry
"She's become the momentary darling of liberals, but I pray for her because she's in over her head," West said. "She's a fake and a fraud. I was so surprised how treacherous the sister was."
“I love Brother Mike Dyson… but we’re living in a society where everybody is up for sale” West told Goodman. “Everything is up for sale. And he and Brother Sharpton and Sister Melissa and others, they have sold their souls for a mess of Obama pottage. And we invite them back to the black prophetic tradition after Obama leaves. But at the moment, they want insider access, and they want to tell those kind of lies. They want to turn their back to poor and working people.”
“I think that it’s been decrepit though, brother. I mean, you get a focus on some of the upper middle class folk. I mean, what I call the ‘rent-a-negro’ phenomenon on MSNBC…'” West answered.

i want to know what trenches he's been on while everyone else has been failing at being progressive