Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectFam, we don't need him to suffer w/blk ppl lol - he's not some martyr
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12754513&mesg_id=12755362
12755362, Fam, we don't need him to suffer w/blk ppl lol - he's not some martyr
Posted by vee-lover, Wed Mar-18-15 12:40 PM
we need for him to follow in and live up to the tradition of blk intellectuals he claims to be students of and provide real ideas and solutions to problems...and not someone who seems more interested in going on John Stewart/Letterman/Bill Maher/CNN etc.

He makes more tv appearances talking abt what's wrong w/blk America (and Obama) which is why he and Skip Gates refer to themselves as "public intellectuals" whatever the hell that means.

Getting arrested on tv means nothing when you're getting out of jail an hour later on your own recognizance.

>i don't know how u get any more grassroots than literally
>being on the ground with people and suffering the consequences
>for doing so
>
>people can't attack the substance of his arguments because
>it's obviously real/true so yall try to undermine him by
>convincing yourselves it's motivated by something personal

Smh - I don't have to convince myself of nothing, fam, I've seen him on tv too many times talking abt how Obama disrespected him and his brother by not giving them a "personal invite" to the inauguration.

As far as his critique being real/true, it still shows me how petty he is because he'll attack Obama for his foreign policies, for instance, but then turn around and say he's in a tough position and that oftentimes he's left w/no good choices...but I'll criticize him nonetheless