Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThis is absolutely false
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12754513&mesg_id=12755021
12755021, This is absolutely false
Posted by TheVillageIdiot, Wed Mar-18-15 08:46 AM
>We all know Obama has a lot of views he can't share without
>sinking any chance of getting anything he wants to do, done.

and Obama himself has said so check out this excerpt

"Mr. President, so since you were — since I was in college, which is when you were elected, I’ve watched everything you’ve had to go through — jumping through hoops, going over hurdles, everything. And there’s been a common notion amongst my peers — peers who were very interested in getting into politics, being politicians, even that — this idea of if Barack Obama can’t say or do what we think he wants to say or do as President, then could any of us ever do that if we get into politics, be it about Ferguson, about gay rights — any of these things where we feel we know what he wants to say, but he can’t really do it at that moment.

Is that a sentiment that you are commonly aware of? And does it at all inform kind of how you want to wrap up your presidency? And I guess if you were trying to advise someone in this climate that wanted to make some change or have an immediate impact, would you advise them into getting into politics?

Well, I mean, let me say a couple things about that. First of all, one of the things I’m very proud about, from the time that I ran for the U.S. Senate to me running for President to being President is I’ve said what I meant. I haven’t engaged in a lot of editing. Now, I don’t always say it the way I might say it if I’m sitting over at the dinner table with Michelle. I might not say it the way I say it if I’m on the basketball court with some of my buddies. But the trajectory of what I’ve said, what I care about around policy, I haven’t had to bite my tongue. I think that’s a mistake."

http://grantland.com/features/barack-obama-selma-50th-anniversary/

check the link for his full response but that gets to the crux of the idea that President Obama is doing something or saying things he doesn't really want to or believe. I've always said you don't become president of the U.S. without believing in the system. so that idea is b.s . and it's always been B.S. no one forced Obama to run for POTUS he chose to do so.