Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Racism Can End If Blacks Extend “A Hand In Love” To Whites - Common
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12754292&mesg_id=12756971
12756971, RE: Racism Can End If Blacks Extend “A Hand In Love” To Whites - Common
Posted by Tiggerific, Thu Mar-19-15 09:30 PM
WTF, Common?

No offense, its not white people getting beat down in the streets! I have a forgiving nature. And, its not that I don't have plenty of white friends. But, I don't think its black people not wanting to let it go. I think its whites not wanting to acknowledge the past, not wanting to acknowledge the fucked up shit in the present. And, them hoping that in the future, racism will just go away because we had one black president.

Bullshit.

I'm sorry the way we get past racism is looking at it head on and understanding that if you don't acknowledge it, and getting to the bottom of the bullshit, we are doomed to keep dealing with this crap.

The fact is that when I walk into a store, room and whatnot there are still assumptions made about me the moment someone sees me versus someone getting to know me. I'm just tired of the shit. When my husband walks into a room of engineers at a conference, the first thing they wonder is wtf is he doing there.

I hate it that my daughter is going to be judged because of people that have nothing to do with her. Just because of the color of her skin and not who she is as a person. I'm just truly tired of the bullshit and people like Common are not understanding the pain of it all because they have supposedly "made it" to the point where the color of their skin doesn't matter as much as the money in their pocket!

I'm just tired of fighting the same fuckin fight and Common and the apologizers like him aren't making it any fuckin better.

Yeah, I'm pissed. I'm logging off for the night.

Oh, and tell that UVA student who got beat down for being black that he should extend his hand in love.