Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectwhat the fuck are you talking about? I didn't say
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12754292&mesg_id=12754828
12754828, what the fuck are you talking about? I didn't say
Posted by Jon, Wed Mar-18-15 12:34 AM
there hasn't been love (there has) or everyone just goes around villifying white ppl (although there's also a lot of that as well)

But Common's point about reaching out in love was too much for some ppl in here to stomach, so all I was saying was that it doesn't mean to erase the need for acknowledgement of injustice, but rather if anything, you CAN'T get such acknowledgement without love. Its an important factor. It doesnt excuse us from telling hard truths or accepting hard truths. Coddling and pandering is fake shit that lets delusion and ignorance live on. But when spreading knowledge, its critical that people feel a sense of common ground or not being enemies, or nothing will be accomplished.

Putting your cleats on doesn't guarantee you a Super Bowl, but you can't win a blessed game without them. They are critical. Its not bad to put your cleats on. Its not bad move by Common to love. All the other steps are impossible without it. That's all I'm getting at.