Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIf you have an allergy and walk out the house without an epipen
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12753811&mesg_id=12754368
12754368, If you have an allergy and walk out the house without an epipen
Posted by Very-Effortless, Tue Mar-17-15 02:55 PM
You're pretty stupid.

My nephews have nuts and shellfish allergies and I won't even taken them to the park down the street without an epipen.

It's not even what THEY ingest, if they play with a kid who had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch their airway will start to close up from those trace amounts... I've see. It happen. Both of them have to sit at the peanut-free table at school during lunch.

When we go out to eat we notify the servers about their allergies but mistakes happen. You have to be vigilant.

Once I ordered a big brownie sundae for the table and when the waiter brought it out my oldest nephew got up and ran across the restaurant. We were like "where are you going?!?!" And he screamed something about peanuts. Sure enough there was an errant peanut on the sundae. Just one but it was enough to make that kid bolt for the door and ask for us to stop for Benadryl on the way home "just in case" (his words).

Now if a 6 year old can be that responsible, why can't two grown ass parents?