Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject1. she could only deduct $20K/month to put in the fund.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12753307&mesg_id=12753359
12753359, 1. she could only deduct $20K/month to put in the fund.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Mar-16-15 08:05 PM
and by the time she was doing it that would've put her beyond the deadline. which was moved up from November 2015 to a date this month.

2. she said she wasn't down w/the trust term that would've locked much of the money away until her kids went to college and if they didn't go they'd never get the money. how does that help her? now? her kids are all under 4 yrs old. putting money in a trust for them to use in like 14 to 16 yrs MAYBE doesn't help. remember, the woman struggles w/homelessness and unemployment. now.

plus that little money is a drop in the bucket when it comes to college expenses. it's also a drop in the bucket when it comes to child care expenses. so going at her for messing up that little chump change is too much. way too much.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/scottsdale/2014/11/06/shanesha-taylor-misses-deadline-abrk/18585269/

>i mean, i think the punishment is a bit harsh but i think
>being lenient in this case is largely wtfish

i think being lenient was deserved considering her offense - she left the kids where she thought they'd be safe while she went to interview for a job. if she'd left them alone while she went to Vegas to party for the weekend - get harsh. if she'd left them alone while she went out for the night to party - get harsh. if she'd left them alone while she was out on a drug binge - get harsh. but here? no way. she should've been helped. and private entities throwing money at the kids to be used in 14 or more yrs MAYBE isn't the help i mean. and neither are those parenting classes. and neither is probation. the woman and her kids need housing. get her secure housing and she can work on fixing the rest of the problems that had her so low on the day of her arrest. just put her in and the kids in stable housing.

and then give her education - teach her how to spend money wisely. teach her how to save money safely. give her job training.

>if u are that desperate...why wouldn't u just bring the kids
>to the interview?

it's pretty easy to think clearly about other solutions when you don't have 3 kids under age 4 and are living in a van alone w/the kids and are unsure where y'all will sleep tonight or in a few days/weeks and pressure is mounting. i don't blame her for what she did at all. she likely tried to do all she could to hide her drama from her potential employer. she didn't make the best decision. she doesn't deserve to be put on probation for that.

>u get that much money raised for you that quickly and can't
>shove that sympathy cash into an account...u just piling on
>the bad decisions shitpile

sure. and she doesn't deserve to be punished for it.