Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectFamily Drama (long)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12752833&mesg_id=12752833
12752833, Family Drama (long)
Posted by NikaMandela, Mon Mar-16-15 12:41 PM
this post is part rant, and part me asking for advice, prayers and information...

background story:

my brother is muslim and lives in gambia. he has 2 wives and 3 kids by the first wife and 2 kids by the second wife. when he married the first wife, he promised her he wouldn't take a second wife, but right after she gave birth to their second child, he went on and married the second wife, which devastated the first wife...

about a year and a half ago, my brother came here with his oldest son, who is now 7, and stayed for a while. my nephew started school here and when it was time for my brother to leave, they decided to let him finish out the school year. so he's in his second year here and his parents want him back and he's all ready to go. tickets have been bought and everything.

now my brother wants a divorce from the first wife. he's said all kinds of things about her which may or may not be true, but one would expect this type of behavior from a woman who is scorned. my brother's plan is for her to return to her mother with their youngest child, a girl, who is 3; put their middle child, a boy, who is 5, in boarding school, and take the oldest, who has been staying with my mom for a year and half, and have him live with him and the second wife and their kids.

have you ever in your life ever heard of such fuckery???

so me and my mom are trying to figure out what to do. she's supposed to bring him back to gambia next week but that just seems like a bad idea. my nephew misses his mom sorely. to bring him back and have him live with the other woman is just cruel. so my mom says she won't bring him back and my brother says he's going to come get him.

what would you do? what would Jesus do? can anything be done legally to prevent my brother from taking him back?

as for me and my brother, i really dont want to have anything to do with him.