Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNo, people understand that he's ignoring critical context
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12750758&mesg_id=12751581
12751581, No, people understand that he's ignoring critical context
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Mar-13-15 07:51 PM
>It has everything to do with hurt feelings. People have taken
>offense to his position on maintaining a 9 to 5 and how he
>went at Envy. And I'm not just talking about this message
>board. I'm speaking in general.

I disagree completely. People see the completely ignorant position he took on the matter because he kept talking about putting up your own money and investing in yourself while ignoring the fact that you have to first obtain that money, or that you still need to live, eat, feed your family, etc in the process. Truth be told, he's straight up delusional because he couldn't answer where he first got his money! I assume he dealt drugs, and that's the foundation of the disconnect. It's like Mitt Romney pretending he was dirt poor and pulled himself up by his trust old bootstraps and didn't have daddies money behind him.

>But as far as the 9 to 5 shit, there's truth in that. A LOT.

What truth, exactly?

>So like I said, I take it for what it is. His main point to
>Envy was that he (Envy) enjoys what he does and because of it
>he's okay with the fact that he doesn't own or dictate it when
>the reality is he can have both. I can accept that part as
>true and move on with my day.

It was a flawed character judgment though, and that was the teeth of the thing. He spoke about owning a radio station as though it's A. just that simple to pull off successfully, and B, that owning a radio station is even a sound investment to begin with. He's also ignoring the fact that there's a progression from point a to point b even as he spoke of a situation with his movie business where he wasn't always the boss. He spoke entirely in terms of character judgment and there's no truth to that judgment as far as I'm concerned.

>Some people can't accept a truth about health from an
>overweight person talking shit, but personally I can separate
>the truth from the person even if they aren't the best
>"representative".

You're talking about this in a vacuum though. It's not as simple as "oh, his message was true but he was mean in the way he said it".

The heart of Dash's message was the character judgment, the notion that Envy was somehow less of a man for having a job, for even working the very radio format he was using to spit his bullshit. He was talking down to a successful person for being less successful than himself and conveying the message that being the boss and owning your own shit is something simple and attainable, the money that it takes to get to that point is also simple and attainable, and anyone who doesn't attain these things is less of a man. That was the core message to be had there.

Meanwhile, as he shit on Envy and the format (selling gossip), he used that platform to promote his sons cookie. Let me call this plumber to fix this problem then shit on the plumber for not being a better man and owning his own plumbing business or shit on him for not doing something bigger/better. Him being mean really isn't the issue.