Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSeen it with my own eyes
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12750362&mesg_id=12753265
12753265, Seen it with my own eyes
Posted by Sarah_Bellum, Mon Mar-16-15 05:20 PM
They don't want you to know....
Religious denominations are run on a franchise model just like McDonald's or Taco Bell... If you want to open a church associated with a particular denomination then you have to pay a franchising fee and the denomination may get a cut of the money brought into the church depending on the agreement, just like any franchisee/franchiser arrangement. In return the church gets a built in base who will come to the church based on what ever denomination they identify with. These fees can be very nominal when the church is small. Its very hard for a small church with no denomination to take off because they have no affiliation. If I'm a baptist looking for a new church I know what to expect if the church says baptist church on the outside...

In return the denomination may help the church obtain building loans and other shit to expand, attach the church to other ministers to draw people into the church, help the church network, etc....

Once again this works great when the church is small and wants to grow.... But once the church get bigger that's a lot of money in fees going to out the door to the headquaters...

There are different kinds of franchises models....
Some contracts stipulate that the congregation owns the church building and property and the church just pays to use the name. Others say that all the church property belongs to the organization, cus remember they backed the loan and did all kinda other shit for the church to grow it along side the pastor. You're their investment. There enlies the rub.... Once the pastor feels he's a bigger draw than the actual denomination name itself and has more pull, he'll want to leave the denomination. But now the church is in a pickle because the denomination owns the building, plane and all other church assets, which is why all of these splits always end up in huge long drawn out lawsuits...
Normally the congregation ends up settling with the denomination and paying them millions to get out of the contact, because they essentially have to buy the building back and give them a little parting money for all the future revenue the denomination is fin to lose.
Interesting right?

DJTB YOMM