Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHere's the thing tho, Case...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12750362&mesg_id=12753241
12753241, Here's the thing tho, Case...
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Mon Mar-16-15 04:50 PM
I used to go to Vinyard church in Ann Arbor, MI, then in Phoenix, AZ. At both churches, our pastor was a regular dude. In Ann Arbor, our pastor worked 40+ hours a week at a plant near Detroit. He drove a Saturn. His house was -smaller- than mine at the time. His message was one of salvation through Jesus and NOTHING ELSE. There was no talk of financial prosperity through the word or anything else like it. Many in the congregation drove nicer cars than him, wore "better" clothes, and lived in bigger houses and he didn't care one bit; his calling was to spread the word in that community and nothing more. He didn't take a DIME from the church or buy himself nice things in the name of the church as Creflo and his ilk do. He didn't command tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars for speaking engagements.

He was a simple dude that found his calling and did it without compromising what it meant to be a man of God. He did not distort it for financial gain even though he could have easily.

The same held true for the pastor of the Phoenix Vinyard church. The pastor worked a 9-5, drove a "normal" car (I want to say an Accord, but I can't remember), and like his colleague in Ann Arbor, took NOTHING from the church.

The church's money was used for nothing more than the church's work. Not for buying helicopters, mansions, jets, luxury cars or expensive clothes. No, the money is used very strictly to help the community without a single dime going to benefit the pastor or those running the church.

This is a stark contrast to Creflo's use of church money. When the Word itself instructs us not to aspire to a life of opulent wealth, how can you justify Creflo's lifestyle? How does one justify the purchase of an airplane for a church where many of his members are fairly low on the totem pole when it comes to income?

I can't find anything in the scripture that could possibly justify Creflo's lifestyle or this purchase.

Can you?
---------------------------

forcing myself to actually respond to you is like bathing in ebola virus. - Binlahab

Like there is stupid, and then there is you, and then there is dead. - VAsBestBBW

R.I.P. Disco D