Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMy sister went to a church where they lock the doors
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12750362&mesg_id=12752059
12752059, My sister went to a church where they lock the doors
Posted by legsdiamond, Sun Mar-15-15 08:01 AM
and hold you hostage until they raise enough money to make God happy.

She was around 15 and went with her cousins and a few friends. She said,they were in there from 9AM until 3 or 4 in the afternoon. When she tried to leave they refused to unlock the doors. She ended up going to the bathroom and climbing out of the window to escape.

But that aint the end of the story...

a few years later the pastor gets arrested for fraud and transporting drugs in coffins like in American Ganster. He goes to jail but gets work release on weekends to preach and the congregation stands by him.

but this aint the end of the story...

flash forward a few years and I'm in Richmond, VA at VCU. My wife tells me her friend belongs to a crazy church (same one I mentioned up top) and tells me they want a mural painted and will pay.

I start painting and one day this Prohpet shows up dipped in gold looking like Shabbah Ranks. The pastors wife starts singing while he is looking at my work and she tells me to bow to the prophet. I look at her like she is crazy...

I move to a Philly... this niggas check BOUNCES. I go back to Richmond for other shit and while there I go to get my money. Dude drives me to the bank and tells me I'm living in sin because I live with my SO. whatever. I ask him what denomination is this church. Baptist? no...Methodist? no... Pentacostal? no... Cath???? No!!! He gets angry and screams "ITS JUST CHURCH OF GOD!!!"

Then he asked where I'm from and I tell him one side of my fam is from Sewickley, the other side is from Aliquippa. His eyes light up... dun dun dun... "oh, have you heard of Church in the Round?" He knows the pastors son from theology school and they are GREAT FRIENDS. "Ohhhh, okay, now it all makes sense." and give him a look that said " nigga, who you foolin?"

He gives me money but not before this long ass speech about none of us being blessed by God and only his sons were blessed because he was blessed. blah, blah, blah...

All them niggas crazy