Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThere were some eyebrow raising things that never sat right with me
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12750362&mesg_id=12751915
12751915, There were some eyebrow raising things that never sat right with me
Posted by Sarah_Bellum, Sat Mar-14-15 05:34 PM
But nothing as dramatic as the jet....
I'm sitting there like, both of my parents drive almost antique cars out of necessity and this nigga want us to buy him a jet?! Luckily my dad is a super duper cheap skate and stopped tithing after that, but he didn't stop going. My mother stopped going all together. Around that time the pastor broke away for the Methodist church and they sued him for the jet plane. Every damn sermon was about the lawsuit.

If you notice all of these mega churches start out Methodist, Baptist or Pentecostal. Once they reach that mega church tipping point they quickly change the name slightly and become non-denominational. It's all about how those tithes get divvied up. Most denominational organizations require a cut of the tithes and other fees from all their churches, top down legally blinding bylaws and other shit like a board of directors who have a lot of say over finances and how money is spent. Get rid of the denomination and you don't have to split your bucks with the headquarters and you get rid of all the oversight. That's more money in your pocket and no one to stop you from buying what you want with it. Start a fake board, install your wife, children, etc.... Now you seem legit.

This shit happened at 3 separate churches I attended as a child verbatim. They all went mega in the exact same way. Creflo did the exact same thing. Notice how there were very few nondenominational black churches in the 80's.... then boom the 90's hit and there was an explosion of them just when prosperity gospel started to sweep in like a tsunami.

DJTB YOMM