Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNo, my problem is what I believe is your interpretation of good.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12750362&mesg_id=12751865
12751865, No, my problem is what I believe is your interpretation of good.
Posted by Lardlad95, Sat Mar-14-15 04:05 PM
Relative to the power, influence, and wealth this man and his organization wield, I don't see his actions as a net good.

You do.

That's the disagreement.

I don't buy the sincerity or theological underpinnings of the message he's trying to sell. That he aids some people with what he has is a good thing...then again McDonalds donates money and resources to a variety of charities, and I don't think that they're an overall positive influence on the world.

To me, you're no different than people who excused the opulence of the Catholic church for the past 2,000 years up until the present. If I side with any form of Christianity its the men and women who humbly serve the lord in their every day actions and deeds. Not the ones loudly proclaiming their sanctity, unshakably sure in their own sense of righteousness, as they hold ceremonies in temples they've built to themselves.

There is a hollow form of Christianity that pervades a lot more of the faithful than you seem to be willing to admit.