Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectTalmbout "He Cut His Eye.....in Sparrin'" (OKNYC Eviction Update)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12748573
12748573, Talmbout "He Cut His Eye.....in Sparrin'" (OKNYC Eviction Update)
Posted by Mr. ManC, Wed Mar-11-15 03:26 PM
So this landlord called me up today on some:

"Oh court is just an inconvenience, you don't want to take time off from work. Let's come to a compromise without going to court....just come up with what makes you feel happy and we will work something out"....

ME happy? Muhfugga you took ME to court.

If you need to update yourself see the link below:

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12664319&mesg_id=12664319&listing_type=search

#niggawemadeit???

12748658, LOL
Posted by teefiveten, Wed Mar-11-15 04:16 PM
yeah you tell him you want to go to court
12748677, WEERD that just might be automatic dismissal in your favor
Posted by BabySoulRebel, Wed Mar-11-15 04:21 PM
12748688, well I played stupid on the phone, but now
Posted by Mr. ManC, Wed Mar-11-15 04:28 PM
my plan is to tell him what would make me happy is to chill rent free in the interim while I stack up on a good faith agreement that I will ultimately move at some point to be determined.

I think he's scared because if this goes to court and I make my case then if they rule my apartment illegal then all the apartments would be illegal, so he'd rather not rock the boat.

However I'm not really looking to shut him down either. I'm only in this situation cause he came for my neck, and got Ronda Rousey'd. So basically I'll be like let me skate for a month or two (or six) and I won't bring down this whole shit.

Get that on paper, go to court on the 26th, tell them that we were able to resolve are issue, have the case dismissed with prejudice, and enjoy the rest of my day off.

*eats Snickers like Fresh*

12748682, bwahaha!
Posted by lfresh, Wed Mar-11-15 04:23 PM
you got him

its up to you how hard you think he will make your life

do you trust him to hold to any type of verbal agreement
do you think he would be satisfied with what you want

if not fuck im
take me to court mofo

~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.
12748691, #4, but that's what's funny.
Posted by Mr. ManC, Wed Mar-11-15 04:32 PM
I was literally holding back laughter on the phone with him like "dude, don't just SHOW me all your cards, at least bluff".

So I'm going to go to him and say what makes me happy is to stay put and not go to court and not owe money. If he's like "but money" then I'ma be like let's go to court because I don't even know if I legally owe you.

Now to protect against any retaliation I'm willing to put something into writing essentially saying I'll skate for a few months and then will move out at some date............long down the road.

Hopefully that will make it amicable. What's wild is his good friend is my old employer, and I took him to task similarly because he was trying to pay me a salary with no overtime. I called him out and took a settlement because I didn't want to deal with the court process. BUT in this scenario I can actually leverage a better outcome OUTSIDE of court, so I'ma take it all.

12748692, You got the juice now (c)
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Wed Mar-11-15 04:32 PM

12748970, well played
Posted by ThaAnthology, Thu Mar-12-15 08:16 AM
12748714, careful doe.friend of a friend's friend on dat good $350/mo rent control
Posted by Riot, Wed Mar-11-15 04:52 PM
for like a 3bed 2bath that would probably go for $3500

eventually that mysterious 'basement fire' happens
im told no major damage but apparently enough to get all the tenants out

3 months later condo construction already under way

point being- just make sure u dont come home one day to the upstairs sink running all thru your living room
12748795, RE: careful doe.friend of a friend's friend on dat good $350/mo rent control
Posted by Mr. ManC, Wed Mar-11-15 07:13 PM
Yeah no doubt. What i got for leverage is that this shit has been going on apparently for like 15 years. Basically I don't think he can afford condo construction or else he woulda been done it right. This shit aint even rent controlled its just straight up illegal. And hes got like 45 tenants that he gladly raises rent on cause they sell this place as the new Williamsburg.

I doubt he's gonna smoke out the property to get ME out when 44 other people are paying gleefully. He wont rock the boat, and neither will eye.

12748724, great reference
Posted by woe.is.me., Wed Mar-11-15 05:11 PM
12748732, Word. That's when Ghost started really hitting his stride
Posted by micMajestic, Wed Mar-11-15 05:19 PM
>

Let my love slide in and never slip out
12748796, lol been dying to use that line in some kinda context forever
Posted by Mr. ManC, Wed Mar-11-15 07:14 PM
12748838, Agreed
Posted by 13Rose, Wed Mar-11-15 09:08 PM
Just the voice when the deliver the news is beautiful. "What he...what he did?"
12749104, Live rent free as long as you can
Posted by doublearon258, Thu Mar-12-15 09:37 AM
eff an illegal rent!
12749374, lol basically.
Posted by Mr. ManC, Thu Mar-12-15 11:02 AM
I still can't believe he showed all his cards like that.

I got'eeeeeeeeeem (c)