Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSomething similar happened to my next door neighbors
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12748220&mesg_id=12748312
12748312, Something similar happened to my next door neighbors
Posted by Marbles, Wed Mar-11-15 01:10 PM

But they were the ones to get hit.

About 3 AM on a weeknight, we hear a loud crash. I tell my girl don't worry about, just go back to sleep. But immediately after, we start hearing voices. I get up and check what's up outside.

Our neighbors cars had been hit. A pickup truck had scraped along the side of neighbor #1's car and smashed into the back of neighbor #2's car (both parked on the street). In fact, if car #2 hadn't been there, the truck would have plowed through our fence and possible onto our porch.

Anyway, old girl driving the truck gets out and is obviously intoxicated. She asks if she can just give them her name so she can go home & let the insurance handle it. My neighbors obviously aren't going for it.

After arguing for a while, she goes ahead and walks to her crib which is in the next block. The cops finally arrive and get her for leaving the scene of a hit & run and something else (reckless op maybe?). They couldn't get her for a DUI because she had gone to her house from the accident scene and they couldn't show she was drunk while operating the vehicle. They also took her license & she can only go back & forth to work.

I'm not sure of what the laws are in your state but your girl's story sounded a little similar to this.