Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSince you know me so well what color are my drawers today?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12747309&mesg_id=12747762
12747762, Since you know me so well what color are my drawers today?
Posted by SoWhat, Wed Mar-11-15 08:06 AM
>you don't know what I'm talking about yet you just addressed
>everything I was talking about.

I'm fucking great at this OKP shit. I can dismiss your points without even a full understanding. Maybe I got used to doing that bc in the real world I've won jury trials where I hadn't seen the case file until 10 minutes b4 I started jury selection. I'm quick on my feet. I'm good at this.

>Like I said... you are mad because you thought you had it
>right and you were wrong.

I dunno where you are getting that from. But if I said this jury would find for Thicke and Williams I was wrong. But I am not mad about being wrong there. I'm disappointed that the jury made a bad decision bc of the potentially broad implications in the music biz. I'm also kinda glad the jury made the white man pay a Black man but bc it's for a wrong reason and I'm more concerned with the wider implication this decision might have I'm more disappointed than glad. But no, I don't care that I was wrong if I said here or elsewhere that this jury would find for the defendants. I'm wrong about stuff everyday (in the real world, even, where it actually matters) - if that made me mad I'd be homicidal, I think. Bc it's a regular occurrence. But that's life.

>some people hate Thicke because he's white.. but others give
>no fucks about Thicke's color and realize Pharell did 99% of
>the work and still think it's a rip off. Pharell is the one
>who did 99% of the work.
>
>Pharell ain't white player..

Yup. That's true too - at least one person has said he likes the verdict bc he hates Pharrell. But I'm not saying that everyone who agrees with the verdict hates whitey or the defendants.

>and it doesn't mean there will be less Stay With Me's and
>Blurred Lines...

Maybe not. But it could. I dunno.

>it means they will have to cut a check BEFORE HAND or gamble
>and cut a bigger check after the song blows up.

And I dont like that. I also think that's why we may see fewer songs like Blurred Lines and Uptown Funk or that Ed Sheeran song that sounds like Lets Get It On or Oh Sheila or Hangin on a String or Billie Jean or Don't Stop Til You Get Enough or Got To Be Real or even Got To Give It Up itself, among others that vaguely sound like some other song or that borrow unprotected production elements but don't interpolate or sample any copyright protected material.