Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWell that is certainly an answer
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12746278&mesg_id=12747908
12747908, Well that is certainly an answer
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Mar-11-15 09:32 AM
>You cherry picked a scripture and are trying to apply it to
>call matters of sinning. Jesus never abolished punishment. He
>did shame the crowd of men in the case with the woman caught
>in adultery, because the Scriptures taught that sin was a hear
>issue not just and act. And most likely these same men had ben
>or have know fellow adulterers / friends but had never
>punished them. Also, in those days women were the only one's
>who were considered to be adulterers.
>
>But noticed in verse 11c, Jesus says “Go now and leave your
>life of sin.” He have her a scriptural commandment. Just
>because Jesus prevent the crowd from killing here, he didn't
>absolve her of the sin, he just told her to change her life
>and to not sin again. But if she didn't change the word
>teaches us that Jesus will judge us all for our sins in the
>end.

My take away is that we are all sinners so we have no standing to try to take a moral high road in trying to call out the sins of others.

I also take from it it is ONLY jesus' place to call out the sinner.

I am not a moral relativist who believe that there are no sinners. I consider myself a Christian who appreciates the insight that we are all sinners so we have to check our selves when we desire to call out the wrong things that other people do.

I don't think it's our place to call out sinners.

So what are we suppose to do about all the wrong stuff we see going on around us?

Well that's where the first verses I posted are important to me. Because I take from that what we are suppose to do try to bring change through love and devotion to God.

I think that's a radical concept which makes it especially difficult to be a Christian.

You see a murderer, rapist, racist, etc., the easy human thing to do would be to say, "F'em and let them burn". I think the Christian thing to do would be try to show them compassion and love them. I am aware that sounds super soft and cuddly but I think that's the more christian thing to do then trying to go on fire and brimstone rants.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're r