Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectstep into 2015 fam!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12745848&mesg_id=12746188
12746188, step into 2015 fam!
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Mon Mar-09-15 05:16 PM
none of that shit applies these days or even for the last decade or so.

My laptop was new in 2010. My wife and my two youngest kids have the exact same laptop (Dell Inspiron 1121)

The battery holds the same charge today as it did new.
I have only reinstalled Win7 on this once and that was back in January of 2012. I have ZERO performance issues. My wife and kids have never had to reinstall windows.
We have never needed to replace our chargers despite one of our cats chewing the shit out of the cables.
No driver corruption ever... Shit, last time I remember anything like that was on Win98SE.
BIOS updates have never been an issue and to date there's only been -one- for these laptops.

The same holds true for my second laptop: A Dell Mini 10. Though to be fair, I did recently install WinXP and Linux on it.

Them same old ass Mac Zealot talking points don't apply anymore and haven't for over a decade. That would be like me saying "Macs can't even play DVD's!!!" 'cause that was only true with OSX's initial release.

---------------------------

forcing myself to actually respond to you is like bathing in ebola virus. - Binlahab

Like there is stupid, and then there is you, and then there is dead. - VAsBestBBW

R.I.P. Disco D