Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectReally interesting insight.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12743413&mesg_id=12743460
12743460, Really interesting insight.
Posted by initiationofplato, Thu Mar-05-15 04:31 PM
I experienced some of this last night. I had the option to raid a weaker village and though to myself, "Is this the type of ruler I would be, ruthlessly destroying weaker villages which don't stand a chance for a bit of loot?" and I actually decided against it and went after someone stronger, which felt gratifying, but alas, when push comes to shove and you need gold, someone is going to suffer.

>tournaments and shit is on some micro endorphin shit. got
>mfers tappin the phones like crack monkeys.
>

lol I see people on public transport all the time doing this.

>imagine if this time + energy could be harnessed for good?
>have a million muhfuckas text messaging ET instead, on some
>SETI@phone shit.

Hey there, that is an idea worth exploring. I read recently that 4chan users helped decode a genome, or was it solving a mathematical problem, I don't remember exactly. Imagine there was an app where the world's biggest challenges/problems were available for everyone to fiddle with. Millions of minds working on the same problem, offering different ways to interpret and look at them. I would call it HiveMind.

>this is so darwinian. its basically a social science
>experiment showing why gang life is a popular survival
>mechanism. or why ppl in failed states join militias or
>terrorist groups, or other cliques.
>

Hmm, another interesting idea. A lot of this could make for some really interesting analysis.

>
>who the fuck knows what this is doing to society.

Your'e on to something.

>
>ppl be on there catching real life feelings over a game.
>
>

People die over games, haha. It's serious business.